Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Just got home from buying a 99 explorer have question

I have alpine iva-w204 unit in mine. I believe it is 6.5in
  2. O

Led bulbs help!!!

the buzzing is coming from your multi function switch.. replace switch.
  3. O

Explorer Speedo Calibration Limit

I believe it will be the same as my 97. change the gear on the VSS located on the transfer case. you will want to increase the number of teeth on the replaceable gear to speed up your speedometer.
  4. O

Center console with switches, cupholders, and locking compartment

that looks really good! If I didn't have rear controls/ vents on my X, I would like to take it off your hands. Is there any other projects you have done?
  5. O

Zombie van pictures.

nice! when they run, they run good!
  6. O

What's on your Explorer to-do list?

I have a 1997 Black XLT. Very Clean! I have about 290,000 miles. 33x12.5x15 in the process as we speak: - move speaker and sub amps behind rear panel - add extra power point where the rear factory radio control are - add 400 watt power inverter. (one receptacle in the rear and one to be...
  7. O

Head Light Switch Lamp

Hey Masospaghetti, any update on your led replacement?!?! PIctures?!!?
  8. O

How To: Installing a Transmission Temperature Gauge

I was trying to get the post up quicker. I had to get my guages first. In my defense I did post the above prior :salute:
  9. O

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

I snapped a quick pictures with my phone.excuse the size :-P but you will get the idea
  10. O

sorry about the pictures. I took them with my phone.
  11. O

Alright this is my first write up. So here we go. Here is the trans temp sensor installed in trans test port. first things first. Guages! here is the sensor and 2 adapter it comes with add thread sealant to threads of sensor. depending on your style sensor you have. you most likely...
  12. O

New Gauges on the way!!

just installed my pod and guages today hope this helps anyone searching
  13. O

All over herculiner?

this may help http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3155012/2000-ford-explorer/page-5#3155012_38
  14. O

I have been reading alot of these post. ONe of the best places is the trans pan. But even easier than that. No drilling, cutting. just need a 10mm socket and rachet and remove the test port on the side of the trans. Install the sensor and run you wires. PRESTO!!
  15. O

High Mileage SOHC's Explorers

I bought my 97 explorer with 88,000 on it at the beganing of 2002. I now have about 260,000k :-) running quiet and strong. I lifted it about 3 years ago on 33's I drive it back and forth to Florida from Va. :-)
  16. O

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

why are you having them replaced. inside or outside
  17. O

Hub Cap keeps falling off?

If none of what they said works.. It's probably becasue the chrome clad is seperating from the wheel. Not allowing it to sit. How to fix it. One for sure way. <<<get a new wheel>>> or rip off the chrome ...(i don't recommand)
  18. O

Engine install tomorrow-Any advice/warnings?

when putting it back, rec. using a jack under your trans. raise your trans. tilt the motor slightly toward the rear. so it is at a light angle. make sure you torque converter is seated and line up the holes with your fly wheel before putting it in... Oh yea .... some other good advise...
  19. O

Superlift on sale!!

cheapest I found this lift was for 1700 new with leaf springs and shocks. had to search the hell out of it. can't remember the name of the site. but it's out there, I had found it a few month back. I was thinking about swapping out my BL .
  20. O

Help please. Trying to put a 99 frnt bmpr cover on my 97..

the bumper will line up fine. I have a 97 explorer 4dr and put a 2000 bumper on it.. What a nice difference.. the fog lights actually do somthing now... I also have it on 33x12.50 westin safari bar. auxilary back up lights. and waiting on my piaa for the bar
  21. O

gas mileage ?'s

and I have 3.73 as well 4wd
  22. O

gas mileage ?'s

first I have to ask what motor ohv, shoc? I have a 97 with 33x12.5x15.. I can only speak for myself. I have 22.5 gallon tank. I know this for a fact becasue I have ran it dry 3 different times.. It is calibrated to the T!! I get 15-16 miles per gallon highway and 12 city.. It simple math ...
Back