Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Best shocks

for the front I built custom shock hoops and removed the front swaybar and used the lower sway bar mount for the lower shock mount.
  2. B

Best shocks

Its hard to say everybody has there opinion myself I like fox shocks they are a little more but i love them on my explorer. Plus I like that you can take them apart if they ever blow and rebuild them.
  3. B

trans swap

Its funny you should ask I just got done today with my swap. I have a 93 4x4 really the swap was easy i did it in about one week i bought everything from the wrecking yard. which included peddle assy,clutch assy which looked to be new which i went ahead and used,starter, tranny crossmember which...
  4. B

transmission swap

Hey everybody. well I have got a problem i have a 93 exploder. i have gone through the trans twice now. The first time i went through it i replaced clutches, seals , and put a shift kit in it. and also put a new overdrive drum assy well that lasted me about 3 months then i started getting i...
  5. B

front spindles on 4wd explorers

thanks that info helped.
  6. B

oh and by the way i do check my wheel bearing about every service i do every couple months.
  7. B

huh thats interesting cause i do not have any collar that slips over the spindle. My bearings ride directly on the spindle. can you explain to me what the conversion kit for the auto hubs to the manual hubs consist of? i have not found any info on it. all the manufacturers say is that you must...
  8. B

nope sure haven't not its not from rust. It is just normal wear. front the bearing and i think having 35s on it just added stress on everything.
  9. B

Just some info for you guys that are having problems with front wheel bearings getting loose. Myself i have have had this problem for quit some time now. And i think i have finally figured it out. I have found on my own explorer that the front wheel bearing spindles have worn out were the...
  10. B

1991 Explorer Solid Axle Swap Leaf Spring

where in san diego Hey whats up? What part of san diego are you from? have not seen you around. And also how does it ride on the freeway compaired to having the ttb under there.
  11. B

TORQUE CONV CLUTCH PROBLEM

HEY EVERYONE OUT THERE. I HAVE GOT A 93 EXPLODER WITH AN A4LD 4WD THE PROBLEM i AM HASVING IS THE TORQUE CONVERTER IS LOCKING UP TO SOON. EXAMPLE WHEN I AM DOING ABOUT 35-40 THE TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH WILL ENGAGE. AND WILL NOT DISENGAGE UNTILL I HIT 2ND GEAR. WHILE SLOWING. AND WHEN I GO TO...
  12. B

lotsa smoke & 2 melted plugs

Hey the only thing I have to say is about a month ago i had an engine problem with burned up plug and found the fuel injector had partially pugged up and leaned out the cylinder so bad that it ate up the plug and exhaust valve. but it sounds like eather a cracked head or blown head gasket. But...
  13. B

burned up exhaust valve

anybody out there have problems with burned up exhaust valves. My #2 cyl fuel injector plugged up partially and leaned out my cylinder. Which in turn burned up my valve. so if anybody out there has had any of these. i would appreciate a response.
  14. B

1 ton coils would be kewl huh?

Did you eat to many paint chips when you were a kid or what.
  15. B

quite abit of front end bumpsteer

WEll mazdagreg ummmmmmmmm i am not sure about that boring 500 over. sounds kinda complicated.:p
  16. B

Hey thanks Gman for the info. Hows that BIG BLOCK 4.0 holding up. Your brothers is really ready for the crusher.
  17. B

dual front and rear shocks

Hey 94 where did you get those fender flairs?
  18. B

yep i sure do
  19. B

Is anybody outthere running dual front and rear shocks. and if so are you able to keep the front and rear swaybars. i would apreciate if anybody could give me some info. ro pics to look at.
  20. B

Hey guys well for myself I am running a single monroe take apart race shock. that is actually about 10 years old but it has been in storage. so it actually warks like new. Well i took care of most of my bumpsteer and bad handling with a new set of 33" tires.
  21. B

well mark i did add the drop pitman arm. so i guess there is no true fix to this?.
  22. B

well i seems to be have a tons of problem with my ex after installing the superlift 5.5" kit. well i opted to not buy the more expensive kit with the superrunner steering and the extended radius arms. i had the same kit with the drop down brackets on my 95 ranger 2wd with no problems the only...
  23. B

rear suspension uncontrollable swaying

Hey out there hows it going. Well i seem to have a problem with my 93 ex it is a 4door. the problem i am having is that i have installed a superlift 5.5" kit with the soa kit for the rear i am running bilsteins all around. after i i drove the vehicle andcnstalling the kit i test drove the...
Back