Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

newcomer91, can you give some more details? Did the clip break in the fuel line, preventing it from clicking into place?
  2. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

The new retaining clip fit in place perfectly and the filter then snapped securely into the fuel line. I then replaced the shield and fastened the filter to it. I replugged the inertia switch, started her up, and went for a little drive. My little fuel filter replacement saga is...
  3. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

foodman392003, yup! The tool is quite cheap, actually. Any auto parts store should carry it.
  4. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

BrooklynBay, I bought the truck in 2005 so I cannot say if it is the original filter. My guess is that it is original. I bought the truck in 2005 in Vancouver and it did not have a spot of rust anywhere. I brought it to Ontario and our salty roads caused a lot of rust all over the truck. I...
  5. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

Specialized7, the part number that I got is E9UZ-9B307-A.
  6. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

Clips I went to the ford dealer today and got a new clip. Since I figured out how to post more photos, here are all of them. This photo shows the location of the fuel filter under the frame. I removed the strap (red) with a standard screwdriver and the two nuts (blue) with a 13mm...
  7. D

Fuel Filter Replacement.

I found this site because my Haynes manual, although quite helpful, does not always provide the proper visuals required. I followed some advice on an old thread and it really helped me. Unfortunately, I broke the retaining clip in the fuel line when removing the filter so I must get a new...
Back