Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

The 5R55E and the infamous 2-3 shift flare issue

update oh,man,, today i got the phone call from the new onwer of whosale transmmision well the old owner did not want to run the company anymore so he spld it,,no today i got the phone call from the lady new owner with fedex tracking number,,for my pakage.. some good news,,after i...
  2. B

will try somewhere else if i dont get any answare from them by monday,,or tuesday,
  3. B

yap i used my bank card,,,well it was mastercard, (chase)
  4. B

yap you right,, all prices was over 200$,,,everywhere else
  5. B

800700tran.com is moving or going out off bussines! guys i dont know what to say about 800700tran.com well i got someone to go there and they are packing up everything and dont know,,are they moving to a different location or...who knows,,or out of bussines is been a week and 2 days and...
  6. B

is there anyone here from http://www.800700tran.com/ ? it looks like something is up with their phone nmbers,,they dont work anymore, i have worder something on 11/29 and spoke to someone on dec1 and he said that my order will be shipped on dec2-09 and still a week later and did not...
  7. B

BrooklynBay, do you know if the car is driven like that can it do any more damage,, for a week,,in till i will purchase the solenoid blok? thanks,friend happy thanksgiving!
  8. B

do you thing is ok,,to drive the car like that for a week in till i can fix it? it does not run so bad,,but has does litlle kicks,, thanks,
  9. B

You mean between the models? N S W? I will look now. Thanks! A few weeks back I went to the pick n pull, and I took something from a 2002 Mountaineer suspension. I have noticed that the tranny issue is still there. Do you think the solenoid block will be the same? I'm just low on money...
  10. B

is this one here for my 5r55s? http://www.800700tran.com/prod.itml/icOid/159 ok,,so it does not matter if one is bad,,because all is one piece,,and need all to be change,,just to make sure, thanks
  11. B

ok,,after driven the car for about 100 to 150 miles,, i still have the shifting problem,,(5r55s - 04 lincoln aviator), so i called back the shop ,,and they said next thing to do is check the solenoid block to see each or the one from 2 to 3 gear to check the voltage and oms,, then replace...
  12. B

ok,so today i took my aviator back to the ammco transmission so they can complete the diagnostic check,,they need to take the oil pan down and inspect for anything in the pan,,then they will call me with any findings,,then they said that will recomand a change of fluid /filter and adjusting...
  13. B

okay,,here are the diagnose from aamco transmission (it was done free/cupon) they did all diagnose in till he got back to the shop,,and then they call me,, that to fowrd ,,they need to take the pan down,,to luck for any metal in the pan,, and that was all that was included in the diagnose...
  14. B

does anyone know how to check the band? on the 5r55s? and how to re adjust if is not right?, thanks
  15. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

okk,,my results are that i cant figure this out,, with car running i untie the midlle screw ,but oil start dripping a lot, so i tie it back,,i did this few times like 4 and still oil was coming out,,so i left it like that,, i have no clue,,why the oil did not stop...
  16. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

no problem,,friend :us::salute:
  17. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

ok,,this is a litlle guide that i have found,, it my help some people! this is for my tranny 2004 lincoln aviator with 5R55S tranny here you go: (lost photos) enjoy, now i have to go and check my tranny,,, thanks
  18. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

ok,,so that mean the i have the level tube in the pan,,! so,,if nothing come out , then use the technic to put oil in thru the same holl,,intill is starting to drip more ,,? will do some more research,, before i get to work,, thanks ,,friend,,i appreciate the help!
  19. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

ok,,today i hade something to do,,and after that i pass thru gifylube,, just to ask,,to see if they can check my tranny fluid,, ""o no problem,,is free!,,pull it in,,ops no dipstick!'' he look into hes computer and said ,,sorry you need to go to the dealer with this... ok,,back to step one...
  20. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

ok,,thanks friend for the info!
  21. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

so from my understanding, the oil pan has the drain hole,,but also in that hole there is a pipe for the level? like in the pic... and also thats why i need the Adapter to push the new oil backup thru the same hole? or thru here: thanks
  22. B

5R55W Fluid Fill

will this work for the 2004 lincoln aviator 2wd? so this is mainly to check the level? thanks
  23. B

so maybe is better to check fluids ,and or change fluids ,before i start changing anything? and this tranny oil check,,can that be done by me,,or i need it to take it to a shop? thanks
  24. B

hi,,a lot of good info here! i have a 2004 lincoln aviator and, i have the same problem,at 72k miles , -the transmission when up-shifting like in between 30 to 40 miles per hour,,has that bump up,,like is not shifting right! and i notice that when the tranny is cold it does not do...
Back