Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

Hell yeah I am man. Just because it's been over a decade doesn't mean I don't like checking up on old friends! It's a good "dude". Happy to see she's still going stong. Pretty sure my Ex is rotting in a yard by now. :(
  2. S

Lol yeah sorry man. You should see our shared calendar app..... I used to double/triple book weekends all the time, this things a life saver! Depending what weekend you can do it ill try to come out and help for a day. Where's your buddy's shop?
  3. S

Nov 1 is the confirmation (was counting that as oct lol) Nov 8th is my sons bday Either the 15th or 22nd is going to be bday, so I miiiiight have a free weekend between those two eventsevents.... Does your buddy have a big shop with heat? My garage is going to be tight so inclement weather...
  4. S

My October is looking pretty full buddy....a triathlon, truck show (if im allowed to skip one of the parties, two bday parties and a confirmation
  5. S

If it makes you feel any better, they treat us XK (and WK) guys the same way. I know a guy who waited over 6 months for his superlift before cancelling the order :(
  6. S

You're making me reconsider my offer to help install your new lift :scratch:
  7. S

There are more "intended" purposes than just mud. Snow, beach, trails... and "because thats what i want ;)"
  8. S

Roger that man, I don't screw around in the mud anymore either. I don't go in the pines anymore and when I go to Rausch I keep it on the trails, stay out of the mud pits.
  9. S

Ah i was close, it was snoranger (kevin). He lives around the corner and his daughter is about the same age as my son. You'd think we'd see each other a bit more but I think this dude is almost as busy as i am :confused: Had to find his cummins thread...
  10. S

Would love to get out for a beer but its hard for me to get away.... I have 3 kids now (all currently under that age of 4) and trying to finish my masters degree (night classes after work). BUT if you're ever up for heading out to Jackson, I always have beer in the fridge. And since I no...
  11. S

lol yeah man i poke in every once in a while.... secretly hoping to see my old ex come back to life (but i have a feeling its in a parts yard or rotting in a barn somewhere). I hear ya about life getting in the way; my summer's been a complete blur.
  12. S

Did you order this kit yet? You gotta step up so I have another wheeling buddy for Rausch
  13. S

2011 Durango vs. Explorer "Tug Of War" Commercial

It's not two different beasts... the Durango is a direct competitor to the Explorer. The BEST engine the Explorer comes with is a V6. So it IS a fair test ...albeit the "test" in general is BS in this case... point is, there's nothing wrong with comparing a V8 against a V6 if the "best" the...
  14. S

That's actually a really good point... you're definitely not going to win over the crossover-SUV demographic bragging about towing power. I very much doubt "towing" is on the top of the lists for people purchasing the new explorers... Definitely think that either way, this commercial is a...
  15. S

Not for nothing... but that Dodge commercial is a joke. Lets see, the rear explorer wheels are rolling backwards and the front wheels are locked in position... clearly it's staged for advertising. (Not that i'd expect the explorer to beat a Hemi Durango anyways... but on that note, does Ford...
  16. S

Sep 24th Intro to the Pines Trail Ride (South Jersey)

You suck! Edit: oh wait... nevermind... i thought they were doing the pines run on Sunday. I'll be at Etown on Saturday. Im out too!
  17. S

4th gen off road capable or ????

x3... i would love to see some pics! Here's one of my favorite pics from a member on my XK forum. Makes me want to move out West! :(
  18. S

That is true... the brake assist in these new vehicles really do a good job. Hell, the QT2 equipped jeeps have open differentials and just use the brake assist to transfer power, and i've seen them tackle some very difficult obstacles. There have only been a few instances where i've seen a...
  19. S

Rancho Quicklift Loaded Review

My buddy (also a tech FWIW) is running the loaded quicklifts all around and absolutely loves them. He also has a BL, so its a bit higher than just having the ranchos on there :D
  20. S

I actually installed that type of diff on my silverado. While it worked extremely well, it still acts like an LSD when one wheel comes off the ground... power doesn't transfer to the other wheel. The QD-II system locks the axles together. On the street it acts as a variable LSD, and offroad...
  21. S

Might also want to consider a 2005-2010 Grand Cherokee as an upgrade from your current one. Other than the JK Rubicons, there isn't a stock 4wd system that can touch the Quadra-Drive II available in the WK's. Not only does it have 4 wheel brake assist traction control (which in itself makes...
  22. S

RC/camping run June or July

Yeah man... i've been lurking ever since having to get rid of the xploder. Blew up the engine while i was in college, then got a defective reman from Jasper which died on me 2 weeks after (bad timing chain guides). So i got the silverado and sold the X after i replaced the engine during winter...
Back