Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Passenger lock problem..locks but won't unlock w/KEY or Button

that could be the problem, but why would there be rust in that panel? plus pulling the panel on and off too many times can damage it (i know first hand..)
  2. A

99 eddie bauer sits low in back

hm so will replacing the springs return the rear of the truck to the stock ride height? i think that shackles with mess with the way the truck rides, i want to basically return it to the stock ride height and ride style.. any suggestions?
  3. A

99 eddie bauer sits low in back

hey. i have a 99 v6 eddie bauer x. it has about 86000 miles on it, and everything is original (drive train, frame, etc etc) and it sits low in the back. is there anything i can do to return it to the stock riding height? its maybe sunk down an inch or two.. is this a common problem? my brother...
  4. A

Passenger lock problem..locks but won't unlock w/KEY or Button

hey buddy. i have the same problem with my driver side lock. the problem is the lock actuator. get a new actuator online or pull one at a junk yard and your problem will be fixed 100%. hope this helps!!
  5. A

Speaker Problem

cool guys. i will check that out for sure. thanks!!
  6. A

Speaker Problem

there is a lot of static coming out of it. im guessing its good that you asked that, i assume you know a bit about it then..
  7. A

Speaker Problem

hi. my speaker in the way back of the truck went out. i have the eddie bauer trim, so i believe the speakers are little better than regular stock. any idea how to fix the rear speaker? i think it is a sub or some sort of bass speaker. any and all help is really appreciated!!
  8. A

worst last day of school ever

i wasn't sure if my truck was totaled or what at that point
  9. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

yeah. i see the shackles. i dont think i can raise it more than an inch because of the clearance of the garage door, so i might redo the suspension with shackles, but i need to find a smaller lift.. im gonna look into som cragar soft 8's when my tires wear down.. im gonna add a push bar/bull...
  10. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

what size is a stock rim off of a truck like mine..
  11. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

ha for sure. my blood runs LIME GREEN!! just sold my 2006 f6 firecat sno pro (in lime green of course) and bought a 2008 f6 sno pro (in black, which is sick). but i have been riding (and competing in sno cross) since i was like 6 or 7 on my little kitty cat, moved up to 440's, and now i do cross...
  12. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

yeah. i have to measure my garage door opening again to see how much i can raise it.. hopefully i can add at least an inch. how much do shackles usually cost?
  13. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

thanks guys.
  14. A

i know what you mean. while my x was in the body shop, i bought a little acura tl to drive while i didn't have a truck, and i could just tell i was gonna get hurt if the same thing happened in that car
  15. A

Finally Joined

thanks dude!
  16. A

dukes of hazzard pushbar

thats cool. i want to get a pattern and make it or modify an existing one. the distance is about 24" from one receiver to the next. they are both 1.5" receivers (i checked today) and are bolted directly to the frame. does anyone have any clue how wide standard push bars are for the x's? i saw a...
  17. A

as do i. my little bro has a baby blue 00 eddie bauer, and i like this color way better
  18. A

dukes of hazzard pushbar

im looking to do the same thing to my x. i have 2 1" receivers on the front end of my x that are used for towing behind an RV... could something like this work? i dont really push too many solid objects, it would be mostly for show..
  19. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

thanks guys. ill look into that for sure. i want to raise it about an inch (because that is the clearance i have in the garage). so how much would that cost? also, is there an alternative to doing the TT on the front end? how much do add a leafs usually cost for the rear? thanks guys
  20. A

yeah dude..
  21. A

pump up the power, please!

cool stuff man. ill check that stuff out today.
  22. A

Finally Joined

yeah. i started a few threads about doing some mods to it. hopefully i can do some sick modifications to it.
  23. A

pump up the power, please!

hi guys. im looking to amp up some horsepower on my explorer. its a 99 v6 sohc. any bolt ons/add ons that i could install to add some quick power to it? anything at all.. thanks guys!!
  24. A

Looks Like My X is Getting Laid to Rest

dude, i literally had the same damage done to my x. except high speed and the guy blew the red light and t boned me. thankfully my wheel was not damaged, but both doors and the pillar were totaled. it cost me 4 grand to fix, the explorer is a super safe vehicle. i guess we can both claim that now..
  25. A

1999 Eddie Bauer

thanks man. the offroading is not too intense. im sort of looking for performance and street upgrades i guess, but i still want to keep the fact that it is a 4x4 truck VERY apparent.
Back