Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Fog Lights

haha, i already have a full compliment of silverstars on my explorer. i was curious about the makes and models of your aftermarket light kits...your driving lights on the grill guard and fog lights in the air dam. let me know and thanks.
  2. S

Fog Lights

hi bigapple, what are the makes and models of your aftermarket lights. looks great! thanks -jim
  3. S

All those with diamond heads & corners

Hey, thanks a lot, Joe! You rule!!
  4. S

Ohhhhhhhhh well... Random question: what make and model is your grill guard? It's pretty sweet. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a safari bar or grill guard to mount some driving lights on my rig, or if I just want to post mount them on the top of my bumper. :D Thoughts?
  5. S

BUMMER! I JUST put clear heads and corners on a week or so ago on my '97 Sport, and would be happy to sell you mine CHEEP, just to get the box out of my garage. Can you cancel your order? -Jim
  6. S

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

YEA! I bought the same lights Aldive got from assembleweb on eBay, put Silverstars in the headlights and factory foglights, and installed the signal chrome bulbs from autolumination like BuffaloXplorer. It was easy to do and looks great, but I don't notice a whole lot more light over the stock...
  7. S

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

Hey Guys - everyone's installs look really cool. I'm checking out a set of Revotec Euro diamond clear headlights and corners for my 97 Sport. Do these lenses allow for brighter than the factory headlights or do they just look cool? Already have Silverstar bulbs, and just looking for better...
  8. S

Wider or Narrower Sport Tire Better on Stock Rims

Bump... No opinions?
  9. S

Wider or Narrower Sport Tire Better on Stock Rims

I have a set of OEM 16x7" Aluminum Eddie Bauer wheels which I would like to put a set of dedicated summer tires on. My question: How critical is it to stay within a tire's recommended rim range? I used to have a set of 275-60-16's Pirelli Scorpion Zeros (rim range 7.5-9.5 wide) and they...
  10. S

Too much positive offset?

Hey man, which direction is the offset? A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the outside of the tire...effectively pulling the wheel closer to the vehicle. A negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is closer to the inside of the...
  11. S

fog light options for '01 sport

"Get 'em while they're hot" Peter, would you please share your sales info (eBay or personal), so that the rest of us know how to buy from you? Thanks! -Jim
  12. S

255/70 vs. 275/65

I don't know if you're still looking for input on this, but I had 275-60-16 Pirelli Scorpion Zeros and they fit perfect, realized no speedo adjustment, and rode waaay better than the stock 255-70's. Only downside with going to a 275 wide tire on the stock 16" wheel is that the wheel is narrow...
  13. 17" Enkei RT6 and Yoko AVIS S/T

17" Enkei RT6 and Yoko AVIS S/T

Sample pic of one of the wheels/tires. All of them are in the same excellent condition!
  14. Yokohama AVIS S/T tread closeup

Yokohama AVIS S/T tread closeup

Here is an extreme closeup to show that there is a LOT of tread on the tires and to see what the tread pattern looks like.
  15. 17" Enkei RT6 and Yoko AVIS S/T Stackup

17" Enkei RT6 and Yoko AVIS S/T Stackup

This is the setup as it sits in my garage right now, clean and dry.
  16. Enkei RT6 Centers and Install Kit

Enkei RT6 Centers and Install Kit

Enkei RT6 Center Caps are in excellent condition and I'm thowing in a locking lug kit, too.
  17. 17" Enkei RT6 w/ Yokos 2

17" Enkei RT6 w/ Yokos 2

The tires only have 5kmi on them and the tread is just a little dusty from rolling 'em around on the concrete floor.
  18. 17" Enkei RT6 w/ Yokos 1

17" Enkei RT6 w/ Yokos 1

Wheels are like new and include a complete stainless locking lug set with lug key.
  19. Enkei RT6 w/ Yokohama AVIS S/T

Enkei RT6 w/ Yokohama AVIS S/T

This is what the 17" Enkei RT6 Wheels w/ 265-60-17 Yokohama AVIS S/T tires looks like on my Explorer.
  20. S

SGR1600's '97 XLT

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! The Apten is gonna be an awesome addition, and I think you'll be very happy with the Gibson exhaust. The Borla is great, but there are times when I wish it had a volume knob. :D
  21. S

SGR1600's '97 XLT

I was going to send you an email or a PM, then I thought maybe some others who have wondered about Borla would like to hear more 1st hand. I am not an obnoxious person whether it's looks or sound, so I personally think it's on the loud side, buuut only under heavy acceleration. I have a...
  22. S

SGR1600's '97 XLT

If you install the KKM, Apten, and a catback exhaust all at the same time, you will be SURE to suffer from what I call "permagrin!" :D Makes a great difference for sure.....but I do miss my nitrous kit a little. :p I listened to several exhausts on Explorers before buying a Borla...
  23. S

HELP - Scorpion Zero VS. Proxes S/T VS. Ecsta STX

Hey Guys thanks for all the input!!! I think the Proxes are the way to go, but I'm still hoping to get some feedback from guys who've tried the Kumho's and put some miles on 'em. Take care! -Jim
  24. S

HELP - Scorpion Zero VS. Proxes S/T VS. Ecsta STX

Yeeeea, I know maybe this should have gone into the Tires & Wheels section, but I'd like input from all the speedmongers that may not frequent that section. I decided to get out of the 'plus size' arena. I'm running a set of stocker's with Winter Dueler tires right now and have my old set of...
  25. S

Careful with NGK Spark Plug Numbers

Yea man, let us know what you think of those Iridiums.....Thx!
Back