Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

lifting a 2WD

what kind of lift do yuo think that i need then, what brand do you recomend, also do you recomend going with a suspension/body lift, also your rig kicks ass, thats the look im going for....
  2. R

lifting a 2WD

I want to lift my 1992 XLT 2WD and maybe put some 33s but i dont know where to start i want atlest a 4 inch lift, but i cant seem to find one rancho only has a 2.5 is that enough.....also can i use a 15x8 inch rim with 33s or do i need a 10 inch rim.....
  3. R

air intake tube

i have a quick question, I bought a kkm filter a while ago and was wondering if there is a aftermarket air intake tube for a first gen explorer, my stock plastic one is pretty bad.
  4. R

radiator cap

im completely rebuilding the cooling system in my 92 xlt and i have a couple of questions about the radiator cap if any one can help, what kind and how many pounds should it be....i am going to get a all aluminum radiator if that makes a difference.....
  5. R

engine oil

i have a quick question for everyone, what kind of oil should i be running in my explorer, i live in AZ my explorer has 140,000 miles and it runs great.....right now im using valvoline maxlife 10w30....is that ok
  6. R

interior restoration

is there a way to restore the plastic trim on the inside of the interior, like with fine grit sand paper or some sort of scrubbing pad......i need to remove scratches...
  7. R

rear end service

i have a 92 XLT with 138,000 miles and never have had the rear end serviced, i want to open it up and do it my self, what will i need?
  8. R

stock roof rack

i have a quick maybe stupid question concerning the stock roof/luggage racks,......how and hell do you take these things off. the rear one is simple, but the front one is killling me......those four little torx head screws spin freely like if they are stripped, are they like that on alll...
Back