Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

'03 owners check out this

It is kind of an eye opener! Dead Link Removed
  2. M

2002 computer

Look... ...for a sticker somewhere. We have a sticker with the card. I have not put it on yet though. I am not sure if I want it under the hood somewhere, or on a door or rear hatch. If you take your VIN to Ford, they can tell you what it is.
  3. M

Diesel Explorer (Can it be possible?)

Not very far away! Ford is coming out with a new V6 diesel within the next couple years. It is already out in test vehicles. It will eventually be available in the explorer, ranger, F150, & expedition. I do not know all the details on it yet. There has been some talk of it at...
  4. M

Coolant Filter

Has anyone here installed an auxillary coolant filter on their X? If so, what type and where did you mount it?
  5. M

Brakes kicking back when turning left

Yep, sound like the break line at the caliper is getting pinched. It sounds like a seal is out of the tranny. Where is it leaking? Is it leaking out the bottom of the torque converter (TC) or between the tranny & transfer case? More than likely it is the one behind the TC. This seal is...
  6. M

'02 Transmission

He did not say when during '02 they changed. He was not sure the serial number break. He said it was just sometime during the '02 production year. This guy seems to know his tranny's since he is a Ford engineer.
  7. M

'02 Transmission

Rscotts1 I have not serviced it yet. We just bought it Tuesday. It only has 200 miles on it. It was built 08/06/02. I am just a maintenance freak. I was curious about the new tranny. It is actually a 5R55S. The early '02's had a 5R55W. They changed the OD ratio from 0.75:1 on the...
  8. M

'02 Transmission

Thanks Guys!
  9. M

'02 Questions

Does the red anti theft light always blink when the vehicle is parked, shut off, and the doors locked up? We just picked this thing up yesterday, and I noticed it was blinking once the garage light was shut off. How do you adjust the automatic headlight dimmers? They do not dim. Is there...
  10. M

'02 Transmission

So is it the 5R55W? :D Can you service them? Thanks!
  11. M

'02 Transmission

My wife & I just bought a new XLT. Can any one tell me anything about the new trannies in the '02's? What model number is it? (example - C6, E4OD, ect) Any high mileage feedback on them yet? Is it really not serviceable? I was told it was totally enclosed. There is no pan to...
Back