Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

considering a '95 Sport with 111K miles...pros and cons???

One of my good friends is considering purchasing a '95 Explorer Sport with 111,000 miles on it for right around $3000. It seems to be in excellent condition with no noticable problems. Is 1995 a good year for explorers? Which engine came standard in the '95's? What problems would you expect...
  2. 0

The joy of checking out wheeling areas

wow!!! that is truly awesome, makes me really want to go camping, because we have some very similar trails around here but I haven't been down them since I sold my Ranger, looks like lots of fun!
  3. 0

Toasted Explorers

wow, sad to see brand new X's going to waste like that :eek: :(
  4. 0

True Saleen's Please Stop by!

There is a dealer around here that has 3.8L V6 Saleens. A real waste of money if you ask me...the sticker price is $31,000+ :eek:
  5. 0

I got a ticket!

Re: Stupid People and Cops You know what? I hate drivers like you! You are the kind of driver that gets innocent people killed. And try riding my a$$ at 60 mph, I'll be happy to give you a little brake check and see how you like it :mad:
  6. 0

Ever seen one of these driving?

I see those all over the place around here. I think they are okay. But...something you may not know, they actually make that in a 2 door model sort of like a Jeep Wrangler. I saw one on the interstate the other day and just stared at it because I couldn't believe that Mercedes would make a...
  7. 0

got egged now paint discolored

I hate to say it, but there is a chance that it may be unrepairable. When I had my '00 Ranger, I too was egged and I forgot to wash it off immediately and it sorta baked into the paint in the summer heat. I just thought a good wax/cleaner would get it off, but upon closer inspection, I noticed...
  8. 0

safe to cut off 8-12 inches of exhaust tip???

oh wow, didn't even think about the whole inspection thing...maybe I'll just secure the exhaust so it doesn't bang into the fender anymore? That might be a better option. Thanks for the advice guys! Its always good to have a board like this to remind me off all those little things that I...
  9. 0

safe to cut off 8-12 inches of exhaust tip???

Okay, I want to get rid of that ugly exhaust tip that they put on the new Sports. It not only looks bad, but it also bangs against my fender when I take hard turns and makes all kinds of noises, which can be very embarassing. What I plan on doing this weekend, is simply cutting off about 8-12...
  10. 0

How do bigger tires effect my speed?

Here you go: http://www.4lo.com/4LoCalc.htm
  11. 0

will power seats work in an X that didn't come with power seats?

My 2002 explorer sport didn't come with power seats, but I am considering upgrading to power seats. Are the connections already there? Will I have to buy or install anything extra to get the power seats to work? Thanks for the help!
  12. 0

Fun on an icy bridge

I can't get it to work! No matter how many times I refresh the video it still doesn't work, all I get it this...:mad: Dead Link Removed
  13. 0

Which lights should I buy?

what I would do first is buy that red transparent paint and paint the amber part of your stock ones red to match your explorer. I've seen it done on a ranger and it looked very nice.
  14. 0

will ranger tremor rims fit

Yes, the Tremor started production in 2000, with very few made in that year. They make Tremors right now with the following options: In addition to the standard features on every Ranger model, listed below are a few of the key features included on the Tremor. ~Standard 3.0L V-6 engine...
  15. 0

Some ?'s for pioneer deh-p8400mp owners

I have that same head unit...so far I've had no problems with it and love everything about it. I got mine from www.thezeb.com I have pics somewhere, just have to upload them. If you have any questions, just let me know!
  16. 0

Looking for pics of 4wd's with 20's or larger!!

Its not just yours, EVERY single '01-'03 Sport I've ever seen sits slightly higher in the front and lower in the back. If I were you, I'd just adjust the torsion bolts up front, I did mine enough to get a 1.5 inch drop to level it with the back, so now mine looks NORMAL. All I had to do was...
  17. 0

SOHC - vibration at low idle & acceleration?

I have a '02 Sport with the SOHC. Recently, I've noticed that at idle and when I slowly accelerate, there is a low vibration, that is just loud enough to be annoying. Is this common, and is there a way to easily correct this problem. I know that if I take it to Ford, they will probably just...
  18. 0

auto locks are great

You said it right there!!! I also have a Viper Alarm in my Explorer, and it automatically locks the doors after you crank it up. It has a built in feature that is supposed to NOT lock the doors if you crank it with the door open for a certain amount of time, so if you were to close the door...
  19. 0

Stupid Wind!!! How Do I Fix This???

Okay, so I stopped to get gas tonight, and the wind is gusting very badly. I open my door, and the wind catches it, and it flys open at a high rate of speed. It didn't hit anything, thank god, but when I went to close it, it wouldn't shut!!! I had to literally slam the door to get it to...
  20. 0

6 CD Changer Occasionally Hangs Up

honestly, your Explorer is under warranty, so I'd just take advantage of that and get it replaced. You don't want it to give you problems later on down the road either. And if they mess anything up while taking your dash apart, make them fix it!
  21. 0

Factory replacement - will this work?

yes, those units are VERY fragile. Trust me, I know because I found out the hard way. I had won a unit on Ebay, and paid around $200 for it, and when I got it, the CD mechanism wasn't working, as it wouldn't let me insert any CD's. I called FedEx, and because the package was unharmed...
  22. 0

What do you think of the running boards on '01-up Sports?

Well, I installed them last night in the freezing cold weather :D I think they look good, and it is so much easier to get in and out of now, plus it gives you the illusion that my X is actually lower to the ground than it really is, hehe ;) I will have pics later, couldn't take any last...
  23. 0

new tire slowly losing air....what can I do?

funny you say that, because it has already happened once to me at Kaufmann Tire, I was pretty pissed when they scratched one of my new 20's
  24. 0

I just wrote an email to tirerack.com (the place of purchase) Hopefully they will replace it or fix it, because I shouldn't be stuck with a defective tire :mad:
  25. 0

it is a somewhat slow leak, seems like it takes maybe a week or two before I notice that its low. I guess I should take it to a tire shop to get it checked out???
Back