Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2025 Explorer First Look by Kris G and Russell D

I hate that they dropped the Limited model. We have a '21 Limited and it was the perfect level of equipment for what we were looking for. Since XLT does not offer leather that was out for us. Plus, we like the Limited features like power-fold mirrors. I do like the '25 front end design however...
  2. G

How to: Remove and Replace Battery - New battery at just over 3 years and 43,000 miles

Ironically, our battery also died with basically the same # of months and mileage as yours. The shop we use for regular maintenance, a Firestone, only charged me $30 plus battery cost to install the new Diehard Platinum AGM battery. It was worth every penny to pay them to do it. :)
  3. G

Solved Passenger side rattle

See video regarding this annoying rattle. These noise shields are a great idea, but terrible execution. Yes, been there, done this:
  4. G

Headlamps - disappointed?

Thanks Peter. I agree about the 2017, ours also had excellent lighting. I rarely had to use the fog lamps. The only complaint I had on the 2017 was that the high beams had halogen bulbs, so I found an led that was a 1:1 match for halogens and replaced the bulbs. I rarely needed the high beams...
  5. G

Love the Smokies! As to the dark spot I circled, it is always there. It's just interesting that it is so noticeable and I am/was curious is anyone sees this on their 2020-2023 model.
  6. G

This thread that I started has gone a different direction than I intended. I was hoping to get feedback from folks that owned a 2016-2019 Explorer, like we did, and now own a 2020-2023, like we do now, to see how they felt about the headlamps. Yes, this is definitely not a problem, just asking...
  7. G

The pics I posted for both the Explorer and my Ranger are low beams only.
  8. G

My Sport Trac has halogens, so I understand. The halogens on it are actually pretty good. As far as blinding folks, both of mine with led's have factory installed lamps with no mods. The lights that blind are generally when folks stick led bulbs in halogen housings, or when people aim the...
  9. G

The Ranger picture was not in the best place. It was taken at the edge of a curve that also begins a slope away from the vehicle. Also, the road I was on in the Ranger has been "fog sealed", which is basically a very black spray that is supposed to add life to the pavement. In theory. Being...
  10. G

And for comparison, if anyone is interested, this is the lighting from my Ranger Lariat with factory led's. It, too, has a dark spot, just not as noticeable as the Explorer. You will also notice how much more even the light distribution is in my Ranger, and this is the low beams only.
  11. G

2.3, Hybrid, or...

We have the Limited 2.3 turbo 4x4. It has 41k miles on it now. The axle bolt recall has been done, we are waiting on the camera. Overall very happy with ours. On summer fuel we have seen mpg as high as 26.5, and that's doing north of 80mph on the interstate. We were considering the Hybrid as...
  12. G

The circled area is the dark spot I am referring to. See attached.
  13. G

Another free tip. Dim your interior lights at night. It helps with the astigmatism issue. I didn't believe it either until I tried it. And yes, this is a great forum for lots of reasons!
  14. G

Clicking Module Under Hood

Our '21 does the same thing. I assume it is possessed. lol! My Ranger will also, on occasion, have a random click, but nowhere near the extent of the Explorer. On the other hand, my Sport Trac is totally silent when parked. :)
  15. G

Not quite the same, but I have severe astigmatism, so night driving is always a bit of a challenge. Which sucks for me, because I prefer night driving Less traffic.. :) But, if you are happy with the Explorer headlamps, you would love the Ranger Lariat led's.
  16. G

An update of sorts. Someone mentioned the "bambi" mode. I did that using Forscan. This is great in the rural areas, but obviously of no help in the city. I have also noticed that the left headlamp was still a bit low, so I have gently adjusted it upwards which has helped quite a but. I still...
  17. G

We have a '21 Limited. I am disappointed with the light output of the headlamps. My '19 Ranger has significantly better light output as compared to the Explorer. The output just seems weak, especially for an led headlamp. I had to adjust them upwards when I did the light on garage door...
  18. G

2020 Ford Explorer Transmission Issues

Honestly, if they are willing to pay half that is a pretty fair deal in my opinion. Had you ever serviced the transmission? I have mine done every 30k miles.
  19. G

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Peter, I just saw your response. Yes, it is so white it blends in with everything. :) I have no idea why my pic did not post...
  20. G

Cabin Air Filter

I just replaced mine in my '21 Limited. It is a Motorcraft FA1884.
  21. G

6th Gen Stock 2020+ Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

Our new to us 2021 Limited. Star White, 4x4, fully loaded. Only had 28k miles.
  22. G

Greetings! And help!

We have a '17 XLT 4x4 with the Sport Appearance package and 3.5 engine. Ours is full loaded for an XLT, including moonroof, technology package, rear bucket seats with console, etc. We have about 80k on ours and it my wife's daily driver. So far the only repair has been a front wheel bearing...
  23. G

60,000 Mile Service / Recommendations

We have a 2017 AWD as well. Ours has the 3.5 V6. Definitely recomment the differential service as well as PTU, which is looks like you have had done. My dealer offers a 4x4 service that includes diff and PTU for $300. Also, coolant flush and fill. And transmission service. Expect to spend in...
  24. G

New owner of pre-owned 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum Questions

Agree 100% on servicing the PTU. I would also do the front and read differentials. As to carrying cargo, our 2017 has the towing package, so I purchased a cargo rack that uses the recever hitch. Honestly I don't even notice it back there since it is directly behind the truck and there is very...
  25. G

21S32 // Rear Toe Link Replacement parts in stock at dealer?

I just had my '17 done. The truck is in Middle TN now, but lived in Michigan the first 18 months. My dealer confirmed it needed to be done and the links were replaced.
Back