Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Buzzing noise when blinker is on

Sometimes when i turn the right side blinker on... it makes a strange buzzing noise. it happens maybe once a week and use to only happen to my wife! (i thought she was losing it). All of my lights work properly, Help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  2. B

97 Check engine light don't work?

Thanks for info.... i'm gonna check those things.... I did replace the intake gasket this last summer and might have forgot the connect something! The check engine does not light up at all....I have owned the truck a little over a year and took it for emissions when I first got it and it passed...
  3. B

97 Check engine light don't work?

Just took my 1997 ford explorer xlt for Wisconsin Emissions and first off it failed because the check engine light will not illuminate and it also read codes :P0171 (System too lean) and :P0174 (System too lean) I would really appreciate any thing that would be worth looking at or what I...
  4. B

97's Tranny problem between 25-30 MPH

My 1997 Explorer with 138,000 on it has this problem where anytime i'm giving it gas (not coasting) and hit the 25 MPH up to the 30 MPH range, it feels like the auto transmission is slipping or not grabbing.... i'm just hoping that it's something minor, If not.... i'm going to start looking for...
  5. B

Can anyone tell me a great website.

Try this site... I was looking around this morning and found this site! It has tons of aftermarket parts. http://www.andysautosport.com/rims/ford_explorer.html
  6. B

Black 97 XLT B4 and After

Here is the before pic This is the after pic... I cleaned up the paint, remove pinstripes, remove spare tire, taillights, front window tint, glow guages, Kenwood stereo, 4 Kenwood 6X8s with 250W Kenwood amp, 1000W Audiophonics amp, 2 JBL 12s, Capacitor, Optima yellow top battery, remove...
  7. B

1997 Ford Explorer XLT

I have a Black 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 with the 4.0 pushrod engine. I purchased it in November of 09. So far I removed the trailer hitch, spare tire, installed new shocks, Pro comp leaf spring helper springs, glow guages, Silverstar headlights, Kenwood 6X8's in all four doors, Kenwood...
  8. B

Couple Questions

The truck goes through no oil at all and my oil preassure guage is always in the normal range.... After you mentioned if there is any leaks and it looks like my valve covers are leaking. Thanks because for some odd reason I didnt think of that. As for the noise... the fan works fine! Maybe they...
  9. B

Couple Questions

I bought a 97 Ford Explorer XLT back in early November and noticed a few things after driving it for about a week and would like to know if its normal. First thing is... When I start it it starts right up but if the engine is warm it takes a little longer to turn over. I replaced the fuel...
  10. B

Hello I own a 1997 Ford Explorer XLT I know I will have questions... So thank you for being there to help me! :navajo:
Back