Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

a4ld on the edge of going 2 $hit

this is whats is wrong with my a4ld, whenever i rev the engine to shift gears if i need to, or just whenever i rev the engine in any gear, the transmission just grinds (really loud and nasty noise)> do u guys think you could estimate on how much more time i have left with it. Because this is my...
  2. N

My engines hp?

how much more do u think i would get if i added a bigger MAF?
  3. N

My engines hp?

ok i got a 4.0l ohv with the following mods on. Id like to get an estimate from you guys on how much hp i got to the wheels and to the engine. >....... Whole air intkae (open air filter with custom tubing) BBK Tb Hypertech chip Flowmaster 40 series two chamber ( dumped) Jba headers
  4. N

how to install camber bushing?

its there any special things you need to go through when installing them on a 4x4. i have about an inch of positive camber on my 92. would you guys know on what setting to set my adjustable shims at , just by chance. on the shim it had a whole bunch of letters> a-z, and i dont know what setting...
  5. N

Suddenly car doesnt START!!!!

i really appreciate the help guys, ill try all these things and if nothing happens then, ill probably need to spend some money on a new starter.
  6. N

will the car turn on thisway? how can i start the car if that doesnt work?
  7. N

so if its not the cables, then its probably the stater? but does a starter just go out suddenly like that?
  8. N

should i take them off and clean them and then try to start the car?
  9. N

OK i just got a new optiam red top battery in it, the connections are on tight and i know its not the alternator or anything. The very last time i started my car before this happened it was working just perfect. When i turn the key to accesory there is plenty of power going to everything in the...
  10. N

camber help. please!

i dont have the money to take my truck to check how bad my camber is off, but i do know that is off by 1 inch and the camber is positive. my question is if you guys can help me with what degree camber shims i shoud buy.... 1 or 1 1/4 or 2 degree? please help im running a 4x4 ttb
  11. N

SHOW ME YOUR MODS

check out my website on my signature
  12. N

Trans Problem

get it flushed somewhere like ez lube or change the oil my self, is that the same? do they do the same thing?
  13. N

Where would you spend $2500

long travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. N

Trans Problem

ok ive got a 92 explorer with 125k on it with the a4ld trans in it. my problem is that everyonce in a while when i come to a stop the tranny sputters and may kick, doesnt happen alot but it happens sometimes, what could be the problem. SHould i maybe get the tranny flushed somewhere and get some...
  15. N

Which seats fit what year?

ok ive got a 92 explorer, and i want to put newer seats oout of a newer explorer in. My queation is what seats have the same tracks or that will fit the 91-14 explorers. Or if the seats i want to buy come with the seat tracks and controls can i just take out the stock seat tracks and put in the...
  16. N

hook up speakers to an amp. HOW?

ok guys i have a ppi amp (pc 425) i got my subs hooked up to the rear inputs, but i have my speakers running off my cd face. because i am running the speakers off the cd face my highs are not as high as i want them and the bass over powers them when im playing a song loud. on my amp i have four...
  17. N

Will jeep drop pitman arm work?

ok i need a drop pitman arm for my explorer with a 4 inch lift on, and it clunks and makes a horrible noise, so i was wondering will a jeep drop pitman arm work off of a wrangler or cherokee work for the explorer?
  18. N

Who has installed hoops and dual shocks up front?

ok , from looking at the picture posted the hoop goes over the top the of the stock coil bucket/shock mount about 1.5inches, now for example if you have a 4inch suspension lift up front would you need longer shocks because of the extra inch a half?
  19. N

bronco shock mount question

do the broncos have the same top front shock mount as the explorer 91-94 and bronco II and ranger 93-97?
  20. N

Flowmaster inlet and outlet size

ok so here is the plan, i'm running headers on a 4.0l ohv and i want to run a flowmaster 40 series delta flow, so i wont die from hearing the drone if i were to run the non delta. But here is my problem i want to dump it after the muffler with 2.25 piping, so my question is do i need to a...
  21. N

Trans in trouble? maybe?

ive got a 92 4x4 explorer xlt. with around 123,000 miles on the original motor and trans. My problem is that when i start the car and put it in reverse it puts and jerks and misses for about 2-3 seconds before begining to work fine. what is this? does this sound like i might need a rebuild soon...
  22. N

Which flowmaster to use with headers

Ive got 92 explorer with jba headers and some other mods, and i wanted to get your guys's opinions. What i want to to do is do 2.25 piping after the muffler and dump it before the axle. I just dont know which flowmaster to go with. i dont to get really annoyed when my truck hits overdrive, so...
  23. N

Want to put bilsteins on!?

I have a jd lift kit on my 92 explorer 4x4 , 3.5in. in front and 3in. in back. I want to put the Bilstein 5100 series (zinc plated or just the regular yellow) where is a website i can order them off of.? I was thinking of buying 4inch application ones even though i only have 3.5inches up front...
Back