Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

91 in North Carolina

Digger, i have never been out to the trail going towards hawksnest...i think i have heard of the one that you are talking about though. As far as samson goes it has a little of everything to play on. The main road that the trail is based on starts out with several water crossings, they're...
  2. B

roof racks

Ryan, what's up man? as far as the whole top heavy thing goes there has been no signifigant change that I have noticed when driving around. As for the spare tire, yes they are not the lightest things to lug around and yes we do have to get up on the bumper to start taking it out....honestly...
  3. B

roof racks

with the noise...i honestly haven't noticed any "wind noise" when driving down the road, or interstates....explorer still moves down the road like she used to and havent noticed a difference in gas mileage either...so it is a good investment...i am not completely sure of this but the last time i...
  4. B

roof racks

I have the con-ferr roof rack for my 99' sport...it is fairly durable and has proven itself to hold quite a bit of stuff on the trails for me plenty of times. The way they mount up is u remove the stock racks from the rails then slide in the new mounts in the channel..then the roof rack itself...
  5. B

91 in North Carolina

yo digger, congrats on gettin into app, i think you'll like it up here alot..theres a few of us explorers around so maybe we can all go out wheelin sometime...theres this one trail you will definately like called SAMSON.. it's soooo awesome...anyways i'll keep an eye out for you...
  6. B

What year X do you have?

the 32's are labled as 265/75 on the stock 16" rims...they aren't wide like actual 32x12.50's so they don't rub that much...only a little...plus had to do some minor fender trimming to fit them comfortably...
  7. B

What year X do you have?

1999 explorer sport, medium wedgewood blue, con-ferr roof rack with spare tire mounted and srb lights on top and back up lights on back of rack..brushguard with lights on it..32" truxxus mud terrains...blah blah...i want a lift, i need a lift of some sort..be it sas or superlift...oh yeah and...
  8. B

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

hey 94whiteEB, i think i have seen u around Boone recently....i drive a blue 99 sport with brushguard, roofrack with off road lights and i have 32 inch truxxus mt's...kinda hard to miss me since i am one of the only sports around like that...holla at me if u see me around..later, oh yeah and...
  9. B

Engineers would this tow hook bracket scare you?

i dunno it seems like it would work..i have the same 99 sport as you except mine has a brushguard on the front..i was thinking about bolting my hooks into the metal that goes from the guard to the frame..it seems like pretty sturdy sheet metal..just a little afraid it might pull the guard off in...
  10. B

New System w/ cool custom stuff. *PICS- 56k = death*

ok cool....i just bought my mag after i came back from wheelin last friday night...realized what a necessity it was to have one while on the trails in the dark..i actually bought mine at wall mart and didnt see those brackets there...guess i'll go back and look a little harder..thanks though
  11. B

New System w/ cool custom stuff. *PICS- 56k = death*

dude your system is so awesome...everything seems like it was well put together and thought out...also, i know this is kinda random but where did u find those brackets to mount your flashlight in the rear?
  12. B

question for people with lights on their roof.

I have an actual roof rack on my explo', however i have seen it done with the factory roof rack sliding rails. All you should have to do is find a good set of lights, a decent kit should provide everything u need..maybe get some extra wire to splice if u need to run longer lengths to put things...
  13. B

lights on rear of roof rack

thanks for your input...i've had a rough time with these lights today...i think my only problem is finding a good metal/metal contact are to ground them out with..thanks for your idea on that bolt i will def. try that when the sun comes up again..i wish i could move that one for the lights...
  14. B

lights on rear of roof rack

hey guys...i have a really stupid question about some lights i just bought to install as back up lights for the rear of my con-ferr roof rack.. I am trying to find a decent place to ground out the switch wire to on the driver side of my 99' ex...the ground wire is kinda short so i am lookin for...
  15. B

Who would like some Shackle info??

yeah, do a write up for real!! I myself have been considering this mod for my 99' sport i already have my shackles i just need some ideas and i think i could get by with just a little help from my friends...ha ha..also, any thoughts on getting lift blocks for the rear axles?? I was considering...
  16. B

Does your truck make you a freak

yeah..up here in boone and back at home in high point north carolina there aren't very many people with mods on their explorers. at app state i think i am one of the only people who dare to take their explorer off-road and modify it for off-road purposes..mostly all i see are people with...
  17. B

91 in North Carolina

yeah, see i told you man nothin but big ole' cars out around these parts....that's why i like it up here!!!
  18. B

1998 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!!

dude your explorer is a beast....that is by far the coolest thing i have seen in a while...you did some awesome work....keep showin us some pictures of yer truck in action
  19. B

99 explorer sport rear wipper glass contact?

yeah, my explorer does the same exact thing except mine only cleans the driverside half instead of the whole thing....i thought it was just my wiper blade going bad i guess it's the whole thing though...i dunno if ford offers anything for it or not but they should cause it's annoying...
  20. B

91 in North Carolina

digger, cool deal man i am definately thinkin about gettin some of those shocks sometime soon when i make some money. i might eventually check into some of those tires too especially if they don't vibrate the car as bad as my interco's do. next time i see your friend james i'll holla at him...
  21. B

91 in North Carolina

question to digger.... hey digger, i was wondering about your shocks the rancho ones, how do those do as far as changing the overall driving experience on and off-road...and also how would you rate those bfg mud-terrains you have? i was just wondering because i have the interco truxus...
  22. B

Comment by 'blueXPLO'' in media 'new_flex'

man this picture is lookin good!! your ex looks a whole lot better with those rockcrawler on it. it definately makes it look more rugged
  23. B

91 in North Carolina

yeah ...... yeah, i have seen that guy around alot actually with the def. 90...man all i can say is that that defender is awesome!!! i have never actually met the guy in person but i have seen him out and about a whole lot. that's probably the coolest part of goin to college up here in...
  24. B

91 in North Carolina

aight cool.... good thing we are not meeting saturday....although i do think it would be cool if we all did get up and meet sometime...it would be nice to meet some other people with big explorers around my part of town..it seems like no one really messes with explorers in my area, much less...
  25. B

91 in North Carolina

yo it's big blue again i just wanted to let u guys who were planning on meeting up in greensboro this weekend, that i couldn't make it out there cause i am going on spring break to the beach...so saturday is out of the question for me...i still think it would be cool if we could all meet up...
Back