Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

so can u tell me what u exactly did? what year and gvw f150 were the leaf packs off of and did u just unbolt ur old leafs and bolt the f150s on? vie heard people taking apart the leaf pack and making there own but i just want a easy swap.... i made longer shackles and did a adda leaf and i still...
  2. Z

4 wheel drive button 93 toggle switch?

i feel the same way im gonna whack it with a hammer tomorrow
  3. Z

tail light gaurd things 93 explorer???

Brush guards tail lights things for my 93 explorer would these happen to work http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pts/2600461427.html they look like they may i just don't kno if mounting changed over the years :/ any help would be great i have broken 3 tail lights in the woods and would like to...
  4. Z

4 wheel drive button 93 toggle switch?

i have a 93 explorer and my 4wd works but when i put it in neutral and hit the four low button i hear the computer in the back make some noises but i don't feel the transfer case clunk any more and the light dose not come on and then the 4wd light shuts off and goes back into 2wd. aka not...
  5. Z

Warrior 153 shackles install with pics

have any pics how the aal are installed... i don't think mine are doing anything :( i bought some to try and lift the rear with my shackles more. i bought the rough country lift coils and i guess im gonna need a older f150 leaf pack... any ideas would be great
  6. Z

153 shackles? wtf?

If I made them like 13 inches long and spaced accordingly would I get more lift and at what point would I rub on the bumper?
  7. Z

153 shackles? wtf?

do any of u kno the exact demisions of these i want to make my own but just a tad longer
  8. Z

Mods for improved towing?

a big flex a lite trans cooler :) it will save u a ton of pain in the butt
  9. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

after a while i flushed the trans 2 times changed the filter and now are running a ams oil redline mix of aft. and 2 flex a lite trans coolers. after a hour drive in 90 degree weather i can rest my hand on the coolers :) thanks for everything
  10. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

it took 5 quarts and then peed about 1 out i was able to drive up the street and check the fluid lvl and its a little to full. its not leaking anything im just afraid to drive it down the street further. i did fill it with amsoil :) and i ordered a larger trans cooler so im gonna run 2 i touched...
  11. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

deff going the cheapest route ill try the cheap fluid tomorrow and then chime in
  12. Z

How to: Using a Transmission Pressure Gauge

will a temp gauge screw in there?
  13. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

so will any a4dl trans work im trying to find what years i can use. mines a 93 but i was wondering if any of u knew which year and model i can use. also i saw some talk of a 2wd trans and a 4wd trans is there anything difference i thought the trans was the same and there was just the...
  14. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

Yeah I may just have mine rebuilt I don't think anything exploded aka metal breaking I just think when I was doing 70 and all the fluid shot out it just roasted the disks. Cause it shuttered for like 3 seconds then I lost all drive power and rolled to the side of I 75. And as far as the tow home...
  15. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

Yeah I'm gonna keep a look out at the junk yard for a Manuel computer pedle set and a master cylinder and trans I'll buy a.new clutch and fly wheel
  16. Z

Michigan X's

id go but my trans just blew up on my way to the mounds yesterday..... :( great 21st b day present from ford huh lol
  17. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

I'm pulling it drive shaft and all I couldebt getthe u joints or transfer case undone cars in neutral with back wheels on the ground
  18. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

Yep that's the plan thanks for the help Manuel swap will be next :) hope theres a how 2 some where lol
  19. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

Trans is destroyed aka why I'm not uP north and I'll just disconnect the shaft at the rear axle I'm not paying 100s of dallors to het her flat beded back
  20. Z

Trans blew dolly home ?

Trans on my 93 decided to spew all it's fluid everywhere. Car was flatbedd to the dealer and I have to go pick it up tommarow it's about 120 miles away and I was wondering what's the best way to dolly it home and how do I do it?
  21. Z

dana 35 axle seal replacement

i don't have to remove the knuckle do i ? i was looking at some pick and it showed that i may be able to pull it threw the knuckle?
  22. Z

dana 35 axle seal replacement

i was looking for a how 2 on how to replace my drivers side front axle seal like the best way. my hanies manuel is total crap and the dealer wants me to take the intire axle out... any ideas would be great..:thumbsup: i want to go up north and wheel for my 21st b day aka on the 12th
  23. Z

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

I feel like some where some one needs to add what gearing would be good with tire size an lift I have a feeling some people read this get the lift throw 35s on and wonder why there truck dosent move when it has 3.27 gears lol
  24. Z

gear ratio..4.56, 4.88 or 4.10?

lol 40 hp... id like to see the dyno results for that....:thumbdwn: but do 4.56 gears its a good in between
  25. Z

How to: Install Ford 8.8" gears

hum im thinking about now just finding a 4.10 axle and swapping it this looks like a pain in the ass
Back