Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Thanks.....

Nissan Pathfinder...My EX had 140K and it was basically all original...tranny was starting to make weird noises and the transfer case motor just went out on it....so i figured it was time to let go. I did tell the guy I sold it to, to check out this site...
  2. P

Thanks.....

It's sad to say, but i just sold my Explorer Sport. I just want to thank every one on this forum for their help when i needed it. This was such a great resource when fixing my explorer. Without this forum i would have spent thousands of more dollars at a mechanics shop. Keep up the good...
  3. P

good deal or not?

$646.00 to replace a transfer case motor and a couple of sensors.?? This is the quote i got from a Ford Dealership in sacramento. Any thoughts before i Okay this transaction?
  4. P

another tranny story. Help!!!!

Thanks, I just got a call from the Ford Dealership and they stated that it was a bad transfer case motor and also a few sensors. The tranny is fine. THe total to repair is $646.00..Does this sound right/reasonable?
  5. P

well i was going to try the brown wire mod, but i think my problem got worse. I was driving it yesterday to get some gas and as usual it made some weird noises as i let go of the gas. but when i went to accelerate it again...nothing...i was coasting along as if the car was in neutral. I...
  6. P

I read somewhere else that you can disconnect a wire underneath the car and it will only run 2wd? Has anyone heard of this?
  7. P

If the transfer case is the culprit in my situation, is there anyway to disconnect it so that i only have 2WD?
  8. P

is it better to replace the tranny with a refurbished one or to try to get it fixed? How much am i looking at spending? Anyone know of any good transmission places in the Sacramento, CA area?
  9. P

I have got a 97 4x4 sport with the 4.0 engine, automatic tranny. I have got 138,000 miles on it and do not know if the tranny was ever replaced rebuilt etc...I recently had the ford dealership look everything over about 4 months ago and they said ieverything was fine ... anyway, i was...
  10. P

AC recharge

found low pressure side, re-charged it and all is nice and cool now...Thanks for the help guys...
  11. P

AC recharge

Ok i have all the stuff to recharge, but where is the low pressure side that i am supposed to hook it up to?
  12. P

AC recharge

I've got a 97 EXplorer sport 4x4 and the AC just went hot. I hear the compressor still cycling, but no cold air. Is it possible to get one of those R134 recharge kits from Wal Mart and just recharge it myself, or should i bring it to a dealership and have them charge me up the A$$ to fix it...
  13. P

most miles on an auto tranny?

138k on my 97 Sport....bought it with 121K and just got the fluid flushed. Mechanic said that my truck had a clean bill of health. 90% highway 10% city.
  14. P

Blend door vote

Mechwolf - yeah, it works fine right now....i took it up to the snow on New Years and was able to adjust the temp as needed with no problems. You have to find someone to remove the refrigerant from the evaporator. (I had a friend of mine do it at his A/C shop) Like i said got a few cuts on my...
  15. P

keyless entry remotes

go on e-bay and find a remote there. I got a decent one for 10.00 and it works fine. Programming it is pretty easy, just search this awsome site!! I have a 97 sport and i too found my code on the box where the jack is.
  16. P

Blend door vote

here is an easier way to fix your blend door without putting a hole in your plenum. I actually did this and it wasn't too bad, just a couple of band aids on the hands..It's been over a month and it's still working !! http://www.proacshops.com/accum-March-April%2020011.pdf the fix is on...
  17. P

ENGINE COMPARTMENT

I heard that if you wash your engine too often and spray all that stuff to make it shiny, it can cause a lot of the rubber pieces to crack...is that true?
  18. P

My heater wont work!?!?

just out of curiosity, how long did they hve your explorer?
  19. P

Blend door vote

my 97 sport has a bad blend door. When I bought it i i only checked the MAX AC to see if it blew cold. When I felt the cold air, I thought it worked ok, but i didn't check any other setting until a few days later when i needed just the vent to be on, that's when i found nothing but heat.....
  20. P

tranny? replaced or not?

Thanks, I was just wondering as I have a 97 sport and it has 122K miles right now and I don't know if the tranny was ever rebuilt. The tranny seems to run ok, but when I come to a complete stop, I feel another small jerk, like something was still moving underneath. Anyone experience this before?
  21. P

tranny? replaced or not?

anyone?
  22. P

tranny? replaced or not?

Is there any way to tell if a transmission was replaced or rebuilt?
  23. P

heater vent door problem

here's a link to another way you can fix it. Haven't tried it yet though. http://www.proacshops.com/accum-March-April%2020011.pdf
  24. P

My heater wont work!?!?

sounds like blend door to me...mine only blows hot air, your blend door is stuck in the cold position while mine is stuck in hot.
  25. P

Look!!!!!

what?
Back