Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Replaced A4OD, doesn't go into gear

Wood- I did mean A4LD, my bad. and thanks for the link on the z-link I'm gonna check that out when i get a chance.
  2. M

pump is what i'm thinking too... i'm trying to get my hands on a pressure gauge to do some real testing
  3. M

My trans failed a while ago, I bought one from a guy he said it worked when it was pulled out. i finally finished installing it , filled it with fluid, started the truck let it run for a while. it didn't seem like it took near as much fluid as it should (3 an half ish quarts). Put it in...
  4. M

Redneck Mudder registry

I havent posted or been on here for a while so i think its about time for an update. I blew the trans. I was out messin around in the wood and cracked my radiator, I tryed to limb home going nice and easy on it and the trans started slipping pretty bad. I came to a stop on a hill and it...
  5. M

Parting out 94 Eddie Bauer

do you still have the radiator? If so how much? shipped 62903
  6. M

Redneck Mudder registry

Thanks, next to come is what breaks next... college takes most of my funds right now No mud right now, ground is froze, a lot of salt though
  7. M

Sugar in tank???!!!

I have only seen one car that sugar had been dumped in the tank be for. What happened to it was that sugar had run threw the fuel lines and had clogged up 5 out of 6 of the injectors. I would look into that. We changed all 6 injectors and we had to replace the fuel pump, because it was gummed...
  8. M

Redneck Mudder registry

Haven't posted in a while I thought I would give this a little update. The dash got pulled, lots of stuff got re-wire, new LED dash lights look awesome. Down side is that some of the connectors seen to be falling apart. Put the new CB in even though the CB doesn't work cause i don't know how...
  9. M

Thermostat change 94 Explorer

shaggy i went to do mine today and i had the same problem. but luckily it was 10 degrees here in illinois... i don't see how to get around that a/c line i can almost put a socket on the 2-o'clock but its ****ed sideways, the 11-o'clock i have know clue how to get to that one. walterd do you...
  10. M

I think my axle seal is bad.

You guys both did a good job with your write ups (personally i liked the pictures). Thanks for the info.
  11. M

Advice on how much to put in a late model Explorer

that honestly depends on what you want, if your wanting something different, then don't put the time and money into it. even if you make it nice if you wanted something new before, most likely you will still want something different afterward. If your wandering if it is worth it to put money...
  12. M

Black vs Chrome

if you put black head lights, tail lights and 22's on your explorer people are going to think your a drug dealer, my suggestion is try to find a lot that the people that sell crack don't use. but its your truck you can do what ever you want
  13. M

need some feedback

no its not worth it i have 32x11.5x15 with 3.73 and it needs more gear... i think you need at least 4.10's
  14. M

A/C fittings on a 94

thanks anime, i figured that the core would come out it just would have to take the fitting off and you could pull it out and put a new one in
  15. M

A/C fittings on a 94

i plan on it but i'm not paying $40 for a tool to do it i dont use my A/C that much. I was hoping that someone would be able to teach me something new about this system because it seems like a fairly different A/C system and i could not find any information one this site. Anybody can replace...
  16. M

A/C fittings on a 94

I have been looking into why my A/C isn't working. After using the refrigerant identified i recovered the system and there was basically no refrigerant in the system. I charged it blew cold but it was leaking refrigerant in the center of the low side service port. Naturally I think that we...
  17. M

pi heads cam

cant tell you a number because i have not messed with them, to tell you the truth what i have heard from people with 2 valves who there's not really that much power to be made. i have heard that there is some new heads on the market i'm pretty sure there trick flows that are a whole new...
  18. M

think it can fit?

please do it it would be one of the coolest trucks on this forum hands down. i kinda have a little dream to do a 6.2 swap and paint it that awesome raptor orange, get the same raptor graphics, same wheels, the fox racing shocks from the raptor, and maybe that awesome ford grill. i just think...
  19. M

My exhaust is falling apart

i just went threw about the same thing, one of my exhaust hangers broke and my exhaust rattled around for about 3 months then on day the pipe started to break finally it broke all the way, lucky mine broke about a foot after the muffler, the previous owner had changed the muffler to a...
  20. M

Car stereo help!!!!!

yellow wire didn't have power, didn't have time to fully diag the the thing but i afro-engineered it to work for now
  21. M

Car stereo help!!!!!

i just took out my dash i'm putting it back in i plugged in the stereo it does not work. i have power and ground. it does not turn on. the blue wire which i think is was will turn it on has about .5v with the key off, and 1.2v with the key on. nothing turns on, fuse is good every thing is...
  22. M

5.0 L in a 1st gen X is this possible?

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238321 theres a few good links on there
  23. M

5.0 L in a 1st gen X is this possible?

it has been done by a few people, you came to the right place
  24. M

How to: How to: Remove 1991-1994 Dash with lots of pics

awesome write up, i was in the process of pulling my dash and could not find where 1 screw was, got on here and you showed me where it was, great job and thanks for saving me some time:salute:
Back