Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ghosted

Some good, but mostly hilarious Explorer mods

OK, surfing around and I find this... Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com So I check out the guys website and hes got tons of Explorer stuff! Most of it is super cheesy. Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
  2. ghosted

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Thanks for the merge. So I have the light bars now in the mail. I have a 24" and a 20" RGB bar. The dealer is going to install them for me. I've been looking everywhere for a stock looking aux lighting switch but haven't found much. Anyone with an interceptor care to chime in if you have any...
  3. ghosted

Modified 2011-2019 Explorer - Not Sport

Thanks, much appreciated. I had the front grille painted black within a few hours of taking ownership, I didn't like my beige grill on an all black truck. Debadged the rear too. I think I've gone over that post 10x looking for ideas. I love the semi-military look of the interceptors, was...
  4. ghosted

Yeah I'm kind of wondering if I should have waited, I just look the look of these latest gen headlights. I got it with 20,000km on it, full warranty, 6 oil changes and they threw in 2x led light bar installs behind the grille, once I decide where to place them.. I think I did pretty good for...
  5. ghosted

Oops didn't upgrade my profile yet, proud new owner of a 2018 xlt
  6. ghosted

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

Hi Everyone. I just bought myself a 2018 Explorer XLT in Black/Black, a big difference from my 1998 EX from over 10 years ago. As part of my dealer deal, I got 6 oil changes and 2x LED light bars install on my truck. My Appointment is for in about 10 days, and I am responsible for purchasing...
  7. ghosted

Hey guys, Is there a sub-forum for us that do not have the Sport variant? If there is no one now... (which I doubt) with modified non-sport variants, there will be lots to come... Can we get a sub-forum for our vehicle types..
  8. ghosted

How hard?

you would be better off to just buy a lightning man
  9. ghosted

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! Stuck in Park!

Wow this is killing me. Im at the point now where I need to rev, pull the ebrake, then gently press the brake with my foot up high to get it out. PLEASE if anyone knows how to fit this, or what exactly the source of the problem is!!
  10. ghosted

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

I just did all 4 of my shocks with monroe. It cost me less then $130 for all 4 shocks. After 2 hours I had them installed... Not too bad for something a shop would charge $400+ for
  11. ghosted

So I go to go for a meeting about 10 minutes ago and my Explorer is STUCK IN PARK!! I can't drive it anywhere! Its done this once before, 3 days ago when we were in another city. I searched it up and it said to rev the engine...??? I did, and it worked the first time....This time its a no go...
  12. ghosted

So I go to go for a meeting about 10 minutes ago and my Explorer is STUCK IN PARK!! I can't drive it anywhere! Its done this once before, 3 days ago when we were in another city. I searched it up and it said to rev the engine...??? I did, and it worked the first time....This time its a no go...
  13. ghosted

CompuStar Alarm - Enabling the Factory Door Keypad + Drivers Door Priority Unlock

Thanks for the input Yeah, I do have priority unlock available on my model, its just finding the right wire??
  14. ghosted

CompuStar Alarm - Enabling the Factory Door Keypad + Drivers Door Priority Unlock

Spoke to CompuStar Apparently in the CM3300 V.3 you can not use the keypad because there is no aux input... :( there must be a way around this! 2. Or/Bl on CompuStar Hooked up to what on the truck?
  15. ghosted

I have a CompuStar alarm tied into my truck. I am having an issue with two things. Someone else must have come across these issues before! 1. How do I tie in my factory Door Keypad to my CompuStar Alarm? Obviously, I just want it to do the same things my stock alarm did. 2. How do i...
  16. ghosted

Just installed CompuStar Alarm, need to disable stock security

Awesome!! How did you do that???
  17. ghosted

If we add this http://www.drdetailshop.com/528T.htm We can have aux1 and aux2 roll up and roll down our windows...coooool
  18. ghosted

Yea just spoke to compustar dr gr/ pu(truck) - or/whi(alarm) BTW the link doesn't work for me. Hopefully this works, then my only issue is the keypad
  19. ghosted

EATC Install, gone wrong at the final stages

Is there anyone that owns a 95-97 explorer that has done this mod? What EATC did you use when you did the install? Old Style or New Style?
  20. ghosted

So you have the same issue? When you lock your truck with the door open it enables the factory alarm? Ive read that there is a black/green wire which disables it, I would love to disable the whole damn system. Plus I really really really want my DOORPAD TO WORK
  21. ghosted

Yeah thats the walkthrough I used
  22. ghosted

Adding EATC to a Ranger -- solved

I've just done this mod using this walkthrough and I can say firsthand that this information was critical in doing this mod successfully. I am having one small issue with my install (out of 100 steps) that I was not 100% clear on in the walk through, that I was hoping I could get cleared up. I...
  23. ghosted

New Here with a 97 XLT Mods Rims and Pics

Hi, Ive been reading the forums for a long time so Ive now joined up and am happy to be a part of the community. I use my x for daily driving and also have a project eclipse that Ive been working on. Just wanted to say hi, check out my ride and let me know what you think...
  24. ghosted

How did you install your Tubing? Obviously through the passenger side, but what specific location?
  25. ghosted

So no one has installed an aftermarket alarm in their truck? Does your stock alarm still engage when you Lock the truck with a Door Open? Does it disengage when you use your alarm to Unlock your Truck?
Back