Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

abs light on

I had my ABS light come on and read all of the threads associated with ABS trying to isolate the problem. I have an OBD II but it does not read ABS problems. I have a '98 EB with 93K on it. I decided to roll the bones and replace the rear ABS sensor. You have to buy it from Ford. I tried at...
  2. H

Electric rear lock / window problem

I have a 1998 Explorer (Sport). When I use the remote, the keyless entry, or the power lock switches to unlock the doors, the rear hatch and window remain locked. The only way to open it is by manually using the key. The problem has been intermittent for the past five days. Has anyone had this...
  3. H

Any recommendations for new shocks?

I need to replace the shocks on my 98' E.B. I am looking for some advice on what the best ones on the market to install. Price is not an issue, I am looking for a smoother ride.
  4. H

How do you clear OBD-II Computer faults???

Check Engine light is finally OUT!!! After fixing the problem (OBD-II code of P0133) that caused the MIL, I disconnected the battery as recommended from above and the "Check Engine" light is finally out! Thanks to all that replied and helped solve my problem! DT
  5. H

1998 A/C fan only works full blast

Problem solved Bad resistor I read in the manual that replacing the resistor (~$50) would solve the problem. On a 1998 E.B. The fan would work on high because it bypassed the resistor. The resistor is located on the left side of the engine, near the firewall, at about the 4 o'clock...
  6. H

I have a 1998 E.B. I looked for both ECM, fuse #11 and the 20 amp and came up with nothing. I looked in the owners manual and the tech manual and could not find the correct fuse. Does anyone know which fuse to pull vice pulling the battary to reset the memory for the MIL? Thanks for...
  7. H

Does anyone know how to clear a fault? I replaced the part that the OBD-II at Autozone stated was the problem but I still have the light. Am I required to manually clear the fault or will it clear over time? Where is the cheapest place to purchase a code reader for 98 Explorer? Thanks, DT
  8. H

P0133 O2 Sensor Circuit. Ever replace one?

I have had the Check Engine light on for a while on my 1998 E.B Explorer. I finally broke down and went to Autozone and had it read. The guy told me it was a P0133 code (O2 Sensor Circuit, slow response, bank 1 sensor 1) and that I had a faulty sensor on the driver side, forward of the...
  9. H

Radio Display is out, Please Help.

No display on Radio.... Problem solved I followed the recommendations from above. I simply took the radio out. Unscrewed the face plate and took out the power supply. I desoldered and resolidered the resistors as recommended and placed it back in. IT DID NOT WORK. I took it out again and...
  10. H

Radio Display is out, Please Help.

No display on Radio.... Problem solved I followed the recommendations from above. I simply took the radio out. Unscrewed the face plate and took out the power supply. I desoldered and resolidered the resistors as recommended and placed it back in. IT DID NOT WORK. I took it out again and...
  11. H

1998 A/C fan only works full blast

I have a 1998 E.B. with the automatic temp control panel. Recently, it only allows me to select "high" aka max blast to get any cooling air at all. The bottom line is it is all or nothing. I took the unit out and reconnected everything which resulted with the same problem. Is it...
Back