Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Display Funkiness

Thanks, I'll have to look up the asl feature thing when I go home. It's a pretty sweet deck, there's just some weird features turned on by default.
  2. A

Thanks for the display fix. I held the 4 and 5 buttons for a few seconds but never heard a beep. It seems to have fixed it though so I'm happy on that. As for the volume, it happens randomly, maybe like 10 times on a 30 min car ride home. I'm thinking it has have something to do with the factory...
  3. A

I just got a new Pioneer DEH-P7600MP head unit and have a few funky things going on. First, the display on it looks good.... except that every 30 seconds or so the display will revserse colors on me. Basically what is black goes to bright blue, what is bright blue turns to black. What is grey...
  4. A

Air-Conditioning Intermittent

Tried leaving the vent on high when going up the hill. It didn't have a problem... I switched it to the AC, and it went out until I got to the top of the hill.
  5. A

Air-Conditioning Intermittent

The past month or two I've noticed that the air conditioning is going a little wacky. Even when I have it on Max A/C, if I step on the gas too much or go up even a little hill, the air from the vents on the dash stop blowing air completely, until I let off the gas. It seems there's still some...
  6. A

Drivers license stuck in CD slot, HELP !!

It's actually pretty easy to take it apart and to get into the cd slot. First, go get the Ford stereo removal tools, (I got mine from Kragen Auto) which look like two metal U's. stick those in the slots on both sides of the radio and push them towards the outside of the radio while pulling it...
  7. A

Adding aux input?

Thanks SiLenZe, those links help a lot. Now I just need to figure out if I want to drop the money for one of those (the X3 is like $90 total) or if I want to just spend like $200 and get a new HU altogether. I guess if I have an aux input for my iPod, I don't really need the cd changer anymore...
  8. A

Adding aux input?

Forgot to add: if I do get a new head unit, is there any way to keep the existing 6 disc changer, or would that be destined for eBay?
  9. A

Adding aux input?

Is there any way to add an aux input (either 1/8" stereo jack or RCA's) to the MACH system in a '99 Eddie Bauer? I want to have an input for my iPod. It would be nice if I didn't have to get a new head unit.
  10. A

Stupid rock

It's got two or three little chips on the outside (you can feel them with your finger) and then it has misc. cracks in about a nickel's radius. I'll try and get a pic up tomorrow.
  11. A

Stupid rock

I got my first chip out of my windshield in my X and it sucks. Right now it's a little crack, about the size of a nickel. So, what's the best way to take care of it so it doesn't spread? The good thing is that it's about a half inch above the passenger windshield wiper, so it's not easily...
  12. A

Computer resetting

on the note of resetting the computer... what are the benefits/reasons for doing this? How often should this be done?
  13. A

How often you change your brake pads?

I just changed my front pads on my '99 at 45k miles. I'm assuming they hadn't been changed before. The back pads are still in good shape.
  14. A

resurface rotors?

I replaced my front brake pads and my brakes have a high pitch squeal when I stop. I tried putting some brake cleaner all over and that didn't help much. The rotors look alright, no major grooves or anything. I'm wondering if I should have my rotors resurfaced at Pep Boys? One possibility that I...
  15. A

Just put on new brake pads for the 1st time

Man that was easy... I can't believe Midas wanted like $300 to do that. The one thing we didn't do was siphon out some brake fluid before we started, so when we pushed in the second set, we had a little overflow. But a few towel wipes later it was all good. Another thing we didn't do is bleed...
  16. A

Rear Wiper Woes

I know there's been a bunch of stuff on the rear wiper blades not wiping the whole window, but I have a different problem. My rear wiper stopped working entirely. This shouldn't happen on a '99 and I'm wondering if any of you had ideas on what happened or how to fix it before I take it to the...
  17. A

Cost for brakes?

The rotors on it should be fine. It's a '99 in really good shape with only 45k miles on it so the rotors shouldn't need any work on them. My friend looked at them and said there wasn't any grooves on it or anything
  18. A

Cost for brakes?

Ok, I'm saying screw getting it done anywhere. They just charge too much for labor. I'm going to do it myself with a friend. I do want to get a manual for the X though so I know what I'm doing. Any recommendations for which one to get?
  19. A

Cost for brakes?

My brakes are startign to squeak a little bit. I know the back are fine and the froont are starting to wear down a little, but don't need to be replaced just yet. How much should it cost to get them replaced? I went to Midas for an inspection yesterday and they quoted me: $111.95 for the...
  20. A

Fun on an icy bridge

This is pretty funny.... Dead Link Removed
  21. A

Today my '99 ex will join the 100k club!

My 99 has 43k miles on it. :) I think 100k is a lot of miles for that new of a vehicle. Before I got my X in Sept, I had an 89 Sentra that had like 140k miles on it.... Just think, that car was 13 years old and had less than 150k miles on it.
  22. A

Karr alarm

I have a Karr alarm on my X and I was wondering if that effictively kills my keyless entry on the door. Anytime I lock my car either with the remote or just with the inside door locks, if I try to get in with the 5 digit number the alarm goes off when I hit the second number. Is there any way to...
  23. A

Premium vs. MACH?

How can you tell which version you have? Right now my stereo is all stock (I haven't done anything yet) and I'm not sure what I have exactly. It's in a '99 EB that has the 6 disc changer and the 8" powered sub in the back. What are the main differences between the primium and the MACH?
  24. A

how hard is it to flip an explorer?

Hmmm.... unlucky. It was also lifted too. My EB is all stock right now, no lift.
  25. A

how hard is it to flip an explorer?

If you're just messing around in a relatively flat dirt area (with AWD) how easy/hard would it be to flip the explorer? If you punch it just to spin out or mess around in the dirt, what are the chances of the X flipping over? Same question goes for driving in the sand (on the beach)...
Back