Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

replace vss

my 1996 v6 ex's speedometer started to only work when it wants too and my truck is acting like it doesn't know what gear it's supposed to be in. Alsomy od off light keep flashing. it threw the code for my vss malfunction. i picked up a new one and replaced it. i haf a hard time getting the new...
  2. W

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

just rolled over 236k. been through 2 trans but engine still running strong.
  3. W

window proublem

i have a 96 4 door and have the same problem, if they get stuck i open and slam the driver door and then they work. Mine won't work with the drivers door open. kinda weird but the same problem happenes sometime in my 06 f250 work truck. haven't really had time to mess with them.i think it has...
  4. W

4r70w to 4.0 v6

thanks still gonna look around, have a couple idea's. Don't know if i'm gonna modify the 6cyl or do a v8 conversion, or mabye try to find a small diesel engine. still thinking.
  5. W

4r70w to 4.0 v6

thinking about doing a v8 conversion. been having trouble finding stuff for the 6cyl.
  6. W

4r70w to 4.0 v6

did ford put the 4r55e only in explorers? is there any other trans besides that that will?
  7. W

4r70w to 4.0 v6

looking to start modifiing my daily driver. the 4r55e trans needs to be replaced i have a friend with a 5.0 explorer that has a bad motor. basically i can have to trans for free. don't know if it will fit being mine in a 6cyl and his is a 8. Also are they're any performance upgrades for the v6...
  8. W

transmission

i have a 96 v6 explorer 4x4. i know it has the 4r55e auto trans, is their any other trans that would fit with the v6 or does the 4r55e come in other vehicles.
  9. W

1996 v6 transmission.

took it back 4 times over a month and a half. huge headache, shop refused to refund money and since has gone out of business. it drives fine just whenever i slow down it slammes into low gear.
  10. W

1996 v6 transmission.

yes i had it rebuilt and the radiator replacedin october 2008. picked it up from the shop and drove home and truck slammed into gear still.
  11. W

1996 v6 transmission.

i have a 96 explorer v6 4x4, transmission shifts up fine through gears, but when i slow down the truck slammed into 1st gear. hard enought to make my cd player skip. i had the transmission cooler line in the radiator break, i was told i needed a whole rebuild,paidto have it down, picked it up...
  12. W

new here

Whst's going on everyone? just found this site, wish i would've found it sooner, i have a 1996 explorer 4x4 v6 with 235k miles on it, plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off. this site definitely will help.
Back