Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1991 explorer 4X4 problem

you may find it worthwhile to check out the following site. It has a lot of good information for Explorers. I know on a previous visit out there that there is a way to check the solenoid that's behind the cargo panel. There is additional information for checking the motor on the transfer case...
  2. B

Auto transmission bucking/jerking

I would definitely have the engine checked out before removing the trans. Even if you spend a couple of $$$ at least you'll be sure it's not the engine. Might be worthwhile to change the trans filter and fluid to see if that changes anything.
  3. B

91 XLT 4X4 automatic lost forward gears

I don't think it's my driving since the first trans went 195k. I also have a Jeep Wrangler that has 100k on the original clutch. I do a lot of stop and go driving but that shouldn't cause the problem I have with 35k on the trans. The trans shop rebuilt a couple of other friends trans and they...
  4. B

91 XLT 4X4 automatic lost forward gears

I have a 1991 XLT 4X4 with 225k. Had the trans rebuilt at 195k and its been fine till this week. While taking off from a light felt/heard a thunk and thought the rear end went until I discovered that I still had reverse. Had the truck towed to the trans shop but they are estimating $1,000 in...
Back