Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. soon2bsick

What size tire TT/Shackle/stock rims

anyone know the biggest size tire I can put on a stock 02 trac 2wd rim?
  2. soon2bsick

What size tire TT/Shackle/stock rims

In need of new tires for my 02 trac 2WD I have a TT/Shackle lift on it that I did about 2 years ago, Never got bigger tires :thumbdwn: Now that tax return season is upon us I would like to step up the size of my tires. What is the largest size tire I can use on the stock rim And not...
  3. soon2bsick

need the paint code!

Hey guys, Haven't been on in a while and I need some help Can someone tell me where to find my paint code for my truck? I thought it was on the tag on the inside of the door but I'm not around my truck to check. I was going to have my step father check for me but I want to know where to...
  4. soon2bsick

got my CB antenna & Back up lights installed

makes life a lot easier when backing up at night! I ended up needing my reese hitch so I snapped out that middle piece and put it over my hitch and zip tied it from the back to keep it secure. Probably the best investment I've made for my truck was these lights!
  5. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

I'll have to get a pic of my shackles now that they are on, Been working a lot lately so haven't had a chance. I haven't really noticed that much of a difference in ride quality and I have been on some bumpy terrain. Maybe that means my shocks are that bad lol I'm planning on a body...
  6. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

this guy was determined I know what a bad idea it was. After the speech and they did my alignment and it was time to pay I had to sign the warranty paper thing and he said "signing this states that you acknowledge we did your alignment here and that I DID notify you that the torsion lift will...
  7. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

haha I wish it was that cheap. Cheapest place in town came out to $80 after tax got the alignment done today though and a speech from the mechanic about how I'm going to be going through 3 sets of tires a year since I did the torsion twist. Gave me his story about how he did that to his...
  8. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

yeah... I hate the lean. Had a 2000 mercury mountaineer 5.0 and it had it bad. My trac was a half an inch lower on the drivers side so I leveled it with the TT. Tomorrow I will tackle the shackles. I am scheduled to get an alignment on Tuesday since the shop was packed today, But two of the...
  9. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

I plan to do the add a leaf once I have everything else (body lift/tires/rims), The shackles were given to me as a gift so I'm going to use them for the next couple of months to appease the gifter. I know they are known to flatten springs so I don't want to use them long term. I need to look...
  10. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

yes! like that haha man your truck looks great how hard was the body lift to do? how long did it take you? the directions have me a little nervous are you 4x4?
  11. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

I thought I would have time to do them tonight but it got dark quick. I had all the bolts off with only one spray of WD-40 5 seconds before I went to un bolting them. Under my rig is pretty rust free, I was surprised when I went to buy it. The shackles look like new besides a few dirt clumps I...
  12. soon2bsick

Torsion Twist Done

Despite the gnats and mesquitos here in lovely Florida, We got the torsion twist done. I was able to get 3" out of the stock bolts so I'm saving the longer ones I got from Zabtek for later on Before After At some point this weekend I will be getting the...
  13. soon2bsick

Front Side Window Tint?

I've tried a few times to install tint... I will never do that again lol you never know if you are getting quality film with the do it yourself kits. I would rather dish out the extra $$$ to have someone else do it and get it fixed if there is a problem later on (which has happened to me)...
  14. soon2bsick

I was in the mid 1's after tuning it in a not so ideal area however I helped move some stuff for a friend Saturday so I took the antenna off because I didn't trust who was helping to be mindful of it now I am waiting for a time to get in an open area to retune it I just put it back on...
  15. soon2bsick

I stole the mount location idea from LONO, Here is a picture of where he mounted his, Which is exactly where I mounted mine
  16. soon2bsick

Yeah so I've been told... a lot lol I realize the placement is best on the roof of the vehicle but that isn't an option for me. Overall I'm happy with the performance of what I ended up with. Everyone I roll with that has a CB in their truck places the antenna in this exact location, granted...
  17. soon2bsick

nope I had to wire them in myself, Our trucks don't come with the 6 or 7 point plug. The light comes with three wires, Backup, Power, Ground Ground obviously has to be grounded to metal somewhere back there Backup wire has to be hooked into the wire going to your back up lights, You can...
  18. soon2bsick

I ran 8 gauge (well... I think its more like 10 but the box said 8) to the frame. I'm still scouting for a shorter location
  19. soon2bsick

they are the Go Rhino! 120B Universal steps I got them on Amazon, Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CMF7OA/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00 On the picture it shows a different go rhino step, But if you scroll down to the description it shows the actual picture of the...
  20. soon2bsick

just ordered my new roof basket and i cant wait for it to come in!

droooool that's gonna look so good on your truck. I saw on amazon that you can get the locking cylinders (key locks) for this, is that true?
  21. soon2bsick

White night back up lights hitch mount need to get my blacked out headlights! I needed a tonneau cover friendly cb antenna install, Because I didn't want a roof mount. Here is what I ended up with. Had to use washers under the mount on one side so it sat flat instead of...
  22. soon2bsick

Need some ideas for Amp Placement

I built a base out of wood for my amp to sit under the longer of the back seats. Being that the floor is raised in some parts under the seat I couldn't just bolt it straight to the floor so I took some measurements and put together a stand that would make it sit level on the uneven floor. It...
  23. soon2bsick

QUICK! help me spend my money!

haha I like going in my buddys jeep instead. then he can fix it
  24. soon2bsick

price range for 95-99 4.0 4x4?

whats up guys, Been a while since I have posted in the explorer side of this place. I use to have a 00 mountaineer AWD lost my job and sold it to get an economical car (:thumbdwn:) got a great job and went out and bought me a sport trac 2wd this past month :thumbsup: now I'm ready to...
  25. soon2bsick

QUICK! help me spend my money!

I wish we had scenery like you guys have out there. Closest thing we have to a hill or mountain is a speed bump. on an unrelated note I got my CB and PA system installed in the truck lol
Back