Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

rear tire carrier

anyone try to hook up another kind of rear tire carrier on their explorer? switching to 33's o my '93 this weekend and don't have much room in the back for the spare. did they ever make a rear tire carrier for explorers?
  2. P

sites like this

anyone know if there is a bmw site like this one- i was trying to do some research but can't find a thing.
  3. P

coil spacer rating

just got asked by a friend if i'd be willing to help out with a coil spacer/ shackle lift mod. i was the one that scored him the spacers off this sight but didn't know i'd be helping with install. for those who have done it- how difficult is it on a scale of 1-10? we already did a body lift...
  4. P

more lift

just wondering if anyone has their x built with a bl and suspension lift. i have the 3" bl and have a chance to get a rancho 2" susp. lift at a good price. anyone running this setup- how's it handle the roads? any advice?
  5. P

DAYYYUMMMM ITS COLD!!!

nothing against florida- grew up getting stuck in the sand dunes around st. augustine. then moved to cali and left the crowded waves to board the empty slopes of colorado- now it's me and a million others up there. would trade a good day of powder for some deep sea fishin though.
  6. P

DAYYYUMMMM ITS COLD!!!

what's so great about 80 degrees in the flatlands of florida when you can slide down a mountain in a foot of snow in colorado- let it snow!
  7. P

lumbar support

just checked, i wish it was the switch.....got it filled up and you can hear the air leaking out about midway up the seat. started to open up the seat and everything is sealed around the cushion- changing it out looks like it's a pita.
  8. P

Weekend projects

add a couple "tube o' sand" in the back basically right above the rear axle on each side for added weight. you can buy them at home depot. i live up in larkspur and can get around most snow days in 2wd with the extra weight- it's getting up my driveway when i shift it into 4wd. plus if you...
  9. P

lumbar support

here's what happens- i inflate the support- and as soon as i take my finger off the switch it starts to deflate. when blown up fully it takes about five seconds to go flat. maybe not the bladder- maybe a connection? are there schematics in a chiltons repair book or does anyone have the...
  10. P

lumbar support

i had the lumbar support air sac blow out. anyone ever change one of these. how hard, if possible.
  11. P

parts catalog

any good sources to get addaleafs and other suspension parts. either catalog or internet.
Back