Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

2" PA Body Lift troubles

I already have a 2.5" sus lift, and want to go bigger....The only problem is i wanted to do spacer/shackles but i would need TTB drop brackets. And those arent too cheap. I changed my mind to a body lift so it would be less costly, and less dickin around. Ive heard bad things about body lifts...
  2. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

Alright, that is good news. How do i know what size of drop to get? Would it be 4.5", since that will be my total lift. Or 2" since that is the lift i am adding. My alignment is great now, just pulls to right sometimes. Also, what about all these extened arms, like piman arm, radius arm, a...
  3. E

TTB what?

I have a question......I already have a 2.5" skyjacer lift , only coils and aal's. I want to get 1-1.5" coil spacers, and shackles. Do i need a pair of TTB drop brackets to corrrect the camber? I am confused between TTB drop brackets and a TTB lift. I just what to know what i need to do...
  4. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

So, your saying that if i want to get coil spacers, i need to get some TTB drop brackets? Do these correct the camber excatly? I already have a camber kit, to correct the 2.5" of lift. Are the drop brackets easy to install? Also, are coil spacers easy to install at all? I really...
  5. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

Couldnt i get some replacement steering brackets. I saw some in JCWhitney that drop the axles so the wheels are correct camber. Do these work?
  6. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

That means that i will be doing the body lift myself. Do you think that it is do able with me and some buddies? What are the main problems with installing a body lift? Do i need to get any longer parts? Thanks man.
  7. E

Spindle Lift?

I want to get a little more lift, on top of my 2-3" suspension. I plan to do shackles in the back, and maybe a spindle lift in the front. What exactly is that, and can i do it myself? Please give me details....
  8. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

The lift didn't included drop brackets. So, i am planning to use shackles in the rear, and how can i lift it in the front. Since it's a 93 i cant do a TT. Maybe a body lift....
  9. E

most wallet friendly way to lift the front of a 1993 xlt

That Skyjacker lift is nice, i have it and with 32's i have 4.5" of total lift. Fairly straight forward too, coils and add a leafs. I recommend it!
  10. E

anybody use those shackles they sell at advanced auto??

Theres no chance in hell you are gonna fit 35x15.5x15's with only 3" of lift. I have a '93 w/ 2.5- 3" of lift, and rub a little with 32x11.5x15's. Unless u dont want to turn at all, they arent gonna fit.
  11. E

Coil Spacers/ Shackles

I already have a 3" skyjacker lift w/ new coils and add a leafs. I need more lift so tires dont rub @ full turn. Would this be a good thing to do? If not, what would be another good way to get some small lift, dont really want to get a body lift..... thanks
  12. E

Safari rack install

I know I have a Kargo Master safari rack , pretty much the same as the Surco.take the brackets, and put them on the bottom of the rack loosely. Then when all 4 are o, slide it in the rain gutter. When you have it all positioned tighten all nuts, and the brackets to the gutters. Yours may be...
  13. E

Cutting out cats vs. High flow cat

Why do u need to get it inspected? Do you live in California or something? They dont do that where i live. And if u need to get it inspected, go to the garage that gutted your cats! Does it sound raspy? Or does it sound low and throaty? Thanks man
  14. E

Cutting out cats vs. High flow cat

I have a '93 XLT w/ KKM intake and cat back Flowmaster exhaust. I want to inprove ponies and sound. I had a straight pipe made to replace my cats. I am worried that I will get a fine or it will sound like crap. My exhaust now sounds pretty deep. I want it to be a little louder and more...
  15. E

Pro Comp 55 install?

both, but the instructions are very unclear. How do you connect the wiring to the fuse box? And the lights have a neg. and pos. wire, how do i connect the 2 with only one wire from the relay?
  16. E

Pro Comp 55 install?

I just got 2 Pro Comp 55's today, and i am having trouble getting them working.......They are on the light tabs, and all of the relay wires are correct, as with the grounds. My problem is connecting the 2 lights. How do i do that? The light on the switch is working so, there is juice. Please...
  17. E

!00 watt bulbs?

I am getting some Explorer Pro Comp 55 lights. The thing is they are the only ones that will fit into my brush guard, but they are only 55 watts. Could I put in some 100 watt bulbs from a similar light?
  18. E

skyjacker 1.5"-2.0"

It was a wise choice of you to go with the 32''s. I just have 2 questions, how wide are they, and what year of x do u have?. my 32's are 11.5 wide and a 1993. I only had to trim the front rocker panel piece, that is about 6" long. Just take it off, and cut most of the side that faces the...
  19. E

skyjacker 1.5"-2.0"

How expensive are coil spring spacers, and how do they install. I want to get about 1-1.5" of more lift W/ coil spaceres and shackles Thanks man. How did u get the picture onto the post, i cant do that.
  20. E

skyjacker 1.5"-2.0"

What other mod's do you have? There arent many kids like us on here with tight explorers. I bet mine is cooler than 75% of all the adults on here. Give me your email and we can exchange pictures. Talk to ya later man...
  21. E

skyjacker 1.5"-2.0"

I have the same lift I have the exact same lift. All It was was 2 new coils, and 2 add a leafs. I needed 2 front shocks, because the stock ones were maxing out. I also needed new brake lines, so at full aticulation they wouldnt snap. I am sixteen too, and went through the same thing that...
  22. E

TT/Shackles Swway bar disconnect?

I am thinking of doin a TT and shackles soon. After i just put on a 3" SKyjacker sus lift. I did a lot of screwin around to get an alignment and camber kit, so i will probably do it in the spring. What is wrong with doing that? I want to disconnect my sway bars to get better articulation off...
  23. E

32x11.5x15 on a 15x7 rim?

if your's are set @ 35 psi, how wide of tires and wheels do you have? And what would u suggest for 32x11.5 on a 15x7 rim?
  24. E

Will 32" M/T's fit?

I am going to get 32x11.5 BFG Muds. They are the only mud 32" i could find in town. Nobody has 32x10.5 except for the brigestone place, and they want almost 800 for every thing. I found a BFG place, and they want 600. so for 200 less i will have to do more trimming, right? Are you saying...
Back