Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

brake controller

The light green wire on all 99 and up Fords. It also says to be sure there is a 20 amp in-line fuse.
  2. R

brake controller

Well, after reading ALL the instructions, I found a warning at the bottom of the page telling me which wire to tie into. Wouldn't you know it. Thanks anyway for the advice.
  3. R

brake controller

It's a Hayes Syncronizer. I'm probably wrong about the function of the wire. Anyway, it's the red wire from the controller. It has black for hot, blue to the trailer connector for power to trailer brakes, red to the brake switch, and white to ground. Instructions say "connect red wire to...
  4. R

brake controller

Does this also hold true for an '02 Ranger Edge? I wired in my controller, just not the wire to the brake pedal switch. According to my directions, the red wire form controller is to be connected to the "non-powered" wire on the brake pedal. Only function is to turn on the light on the...
  5. R

My 2002 Ranger engine dies at a light.

Thanks for the info. No day is wasted when you learn something and I just did. I'll give this a whirl.
  6. R

Could this work if it idles fine in park?
  7. R

I have an '02 Ranger Edge w/ 4.0 SOHC. When I stop at a light or stop sign after driving on the interstate for approx. 20-30 minutes, the engine will die. It will start and idle fine but will die as soon as I put it in a forward gear. Reverse sometimes is ok although the rpms drop way down...
Back