Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Axle/Ubolt help!

thanks i dunno she wrote down LXI, i didnt go looking for any badging cause i just needed to see the axle underneath to tell her if i could do it easily/cheaply or not. I have a good store which can get me any u-bolt i want/need, i just ordered 3-1/4 x 9/16 x 10 which will work fine...
  2. T

Axle/Ubolt help!

maybe the height too? would you happen to know the height of the stock u-bolt by chance as well? thank you again, teknics.
  3. T

Axle/Ubolt help!

Ok i need help. I'm doing work on a 1997 Explorer LXI with all-wheel drive. The rear axle is where my question lies, what is the axle diameter? I need to buy u-bolts that fit the axle and I only have 3" bolts and they don't fit, i believe i read they are 3-1/4" but i want to double check...
  4. T

97 Explorer Lowering

one more thing... Also one more thing I need to know, what is the rear axle tube diameter? I have a set of 3"x10" u-bolts from my durango kit (i need 3.5"x10" for the durango so the 3" ones were useless) and I was hoping that the explorer's axle tube diameter is also 3", but i believe I read...
  5. T

97 Explorer Lowering

yea I'm about 95% sure it's 2wd, I've driven it once and don't recall seeing anything for shifting into 4wd. so assuming it is a 2wd model i could put 3" blocks in the rear and level the front without requiring new torsion bar bolts? if so that would be exactly what i'm looking for! such...
  6. T

97 Explorer Lowering

Ok I may be a little off with the info on this truck as it isn't mine it's a chick's truck who i'm rather good friends with and this is all the info i got: 1997 Explorer LXI Anyway back to the point, she's gonna have me lower the truck. I took a quick look at the suspension and found it's...
Back