Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

can I convert 2nd gen to 3rd gen ?!!

hii explorer experts ,, can i convert my 2nd gen explorer xlt to a 3rd gen on the same frame of the 2nd gen ?!! I need to upgrade everything to the 3rd gen on the same frame of 2nd gen , is that possible ? like swapping the body and engine and axles and chasis parts or the frames has a...
  2. A

98 body swap to 2010

Honestly I'm thinking about this because I'm from Egypt. Customs are very high a used 98 explorer costs about 11000$ and used 2010 explorer costs about 44000$. But I can buy a used 2010 from USA as spare parts only (they cut the frame into two pieces at Customs)and only change the body after...
  3. A

98 body swap to 2010

HI explorer experts.. I have 98 xlt explorer.. Can I swap the body with 2010 on the same 98 frame.. And if so, can I also swap motor and transmission and axles and chassis parts like control arms and suspension on the 98 frame?!!
  4. A

need to buy spare parts online

ok , I still need some help , I can't find a new oem motorcraft MAF with this part number : F57F-12B579-DA and IAC with this part number : 97JF-9F715-BA These are for explorer 98 4.0L sohc xlt can anyone give me a link?!!
  5. A

need to buy spare parts online

I need to lnow some trusted and good sites for buying online some spare parts for my 1998 explorer .. also i noticed at rockauto hat some of the spare parts are remanfactured .. is it ok like totally new one ?!!
  6. A

want a good timming chain kit brand

I need a good aftermarket non oem product timming chain kit for my explorer 98 sohc.. Any body tried or knows a good brand and the link where I can buy it online?!!! I need rotors also.. Any idea?!! Thanks
  7. A

transmission not shifting over the second gear

I was servicing the transmission and got solenoid valves out and had a look at them. Then I put them back and changed the filter and but about 4 liters of motor craft mercon v.. But I didn't have the quantity needed so I added about 3 litre of normal atf oil. Now the car don't shift quickly...
  8. A

spark plugs swap

But these spark plugs are agsf not agrf I heard the agrf is resistor but the others not.. And why I can't find the agrf22pp anywhere?!
  9. A

spark plugs swap

My car should run with agsf22pp spark plugs Can I use the champion 9204 Or motorcaft agsf32fm Or I will face problems?!! My car explorer 98 SOHC 4l
  10. A

pcm swap and part numbers!!!

No the old one catchword is dmd1with part number F87F-12A650-BBB and new one is cjj2 (there is no bae2.. It was just a question about bae2 to know the differences).. And I didn't try the cjj2 because it's broken.. My question is can I combine the new motor with the old pcm... Or should I...
  11. A

By the way my car has DMD1 calibration.. That what confuses me and the new engine I installed used to work with CJJ2 calibration So can I use the old pcm DMD1 or should it be reprogrammed.. Or should I use the CJJ2 calibration.. Sorry I'm confused.. And hope to get help
  12. A

The wiring harness are the same.. Although my car consume too much fuel.. So I have a doubt that it needs to be reprogrammed... And I can't do that in my country.. So that I wanted to know the differences
  13. A

hi, I have changed my explorer 98 sohc engine and transmission , but the new engine has a pcm wih different part number although the engines are the same so what if i swapped the new pcm with the old one ? what are differences between for example cjj2 pcm and bae2 ?!!!!! can I use any pcm...
  14. A

egr system not working

I checked every part as in the post and its all working But I connected a vacuum line to the evr from where it goes to the egr but I feel no vacuum coming even when driving and accelerating I connected a vacuum gauge but it reads nothing And I read another post that it should give me up to 5...
  15. A

egr system not working

Yes the cel comes on when I turn the key on and then go away There is no modification to this car and no costume tune .. the only modification is xenon light This car is a US product and the engine is 4.0L sohc explorer xlt 98 I noticed also when I disconnected the wires of the maf sensor...
  16. A

egr system not working

The egr system of my explorer is not working . I checked the dpfe and its ok I disconnected the dpfe cable and wires but I get no cel , drove the car with the wires not connected and no cel (check engine light) so what causing the problem ... is it the pcm or a bad ground wire or what ?
  17. A

egr selnoid valve not working?

Hii My car has a bad gas mileage so I started to check the egr system .. I started to check the egr pressure sensor or dpfe and it gave me good readings So I checked the egr exhaust valve and the car had a rough idling then normal when I apply vacuum to it then release.. so I think its ok too...
  18. A

pat system problem

i have an explorer model 2000 and the theft light suddenly started to flash rapidly then it flashes once then 3 times with a peep i tried to check the wires but i found a small piece of glass contains like tiney electronics in it located beside the transceiver .. what is that part ? what what...
  19. A

stock explorer with no o2 sensors?!!

is it easy to be done? can i do it myself? is it worth to make o2 sensors work?
  20. A

stock explorer with no o2 sensors?!!

I have a 98 explorer and it has no o2 sensors , and checked them with scanner and it read them as o2 sensors bank1 and bank2 ( OFF ) , read errors ( NO ), this car was for Egypt so I think it was the specification here that time ..... but the car uses too much fuel , i replaced injectors and...
  21. A

charcoal canister wires missing?

hello, I was examining the charcoal canister and found that wires are missin like the one in this link http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256795&highlight=charcoal+canister so why they put that canister if itisn't work and how it would affect on my engine, and what about the...
  22. A

what is that? pics included

so how to test it?
  23. A

what is that? pics included

what is that? it is connected to the throttle some how , so what does it do?! and what is evap service port ? and what it is used for? thank you for your time... http://postimage.org/image/bk7eepox3/ http://postimage.org/image/4j7ovrfhh/ http://postimage.org/image/9yptxxmmj/
  24. A

O2 sensors are off !!

I discovered that the sensors are removed and there is strange connections with the two plugs of the sensors so that the scanner won't red them and they won't emit a dtc this car was used but i didn't ecpect that these sensors are removed that way!! thank you all for your help
  25. A

O2 sensors are off !!

maybe it's leaded fuel and the scanner didn't get any dtc about o2 sensors
Back