Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

94 Explorer won't start when hot

thanks for the sweet pic! i was just about to tackle this one due to my gauge on the dash not working! haha! damn i love this forum!!!!
  2. H

front end clunk????

yea sorry about the lack of some info, never in 4x4 always 2wheel drive. also never in park, by on and off the brakes i meant with it in drive and just pulling foot off brake and then giving good break pressure again so moving about 2 feet in that whole scenario. (also the same in reverse) i was...
  3. H

front end clunk????

Sooooo I have a 92 sport 4x4 i get a clunk sound everytime i get on or off the brakes!!!! i just changed the ball joints, wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends, and installed some warn manual hubs with conversion. this clunk also happens when i'm up to speed and quickly come off the gas (dunno if...
  4. H

Is my hub busted?

sooo just wanted to update ya! first off i bought my warn manuals from 4wheel performance center here in mesa, az and they were like 215 with the conversion kit (which is just replaces the wheel bearing lock nuts) secondly it only took me about 30 min. to do. i will say this, i already love...
  5. H

1991 XLT 4x4 Has some issues

well as far as the heater core, its probably the easist thing on the whole truck. i have a 91 sport 4x4 and looked at one of the threads on here and was done in about 20 min (beer helps! lmao) anyway it was 4 screws to drop the cover under the dash, (remove the glove box to see easier) then the...
  6. H

Sway bars and such..... help???

I've looked a little and didnt really find what I needed to know I know someone can help me out on here! lol So my sway bar bushings and the small extensions that hold it to the the truck are shot but, I dont know what parts to ask for when i go to autozone. I had no problem finding the...
  7. H

Replacing ball joints & tie rods.

ok so here's an update....... i talked to a friend that is a mechanic and he said that i needed to put the stand directly under the lower ball joint bolt so that the I-beam didnt flex AT ALL and leave the nut on it to protect it from mushrooming. when that didnt work he came over and we cut...
  8. H

Well I don't have the threaded top bolt so no biggie there but really WTF??????? I've been hitting it off n on for 2days now and I know its probably never been pulled off since 92 but really there has to be a better way.
  9. H

Where do I hit the damn thing? :) on the bottom ball joint bolt or just anywhere on the top????
  10. H

im trying to pound out the spindal/knuckle?????? it wont budge!! WTF???? LMAO
  11. H

Maniak - Tucson, Az - 1992 Explorer

nice x's guys! I cant wait till i get the lift on mine. I know i need to get some pics up here soon. promise it will happen lol I'm thinking of going with SOA in the rear and a 5.5 situation up front. Any thoughts would help out a lot.
  12. H

Bad rag joint 92 xlt

ok hit the local junk yard here in chandler (well kinda local lol) anyway got what i needed and got it fixed all up and works sweet! also got an inst cluster and that fixed the bad engine temp guage but like i figured the fuel guage problem is probably the float so im gonna do the whole fuel...
  13. H

Bad rag joint 92 xlt

so both my rag joints are all gone! lol anyway do i need to buy an intermediate shaft that fits just my 92 explorer sport 4x4 or what other models can i go with from the junk yard???
  14. H

93 Ford Explorer Sport-Gas Gauge not working

yea i was thinking the same thing as far as the pump and pulling the cluster but here's an update on the problem..... so i unhooked the battery to clean the terminals and clean some of the sad ford wiring and when i re-connected the battery the fuel guage worked as i turned the key to the "on"...
  15. H

Superlift 5.5 inch lift kit for 92 explorer

does anyone know what this lift runs price wise?
  16. H

93 Ford Explorer Sport-Gas Gauge not working

so let me ask this.... 92 sport fuel gauge AND eng temp guage not working. two different probs or do you think its something behind the inst cluster? it has 202,000 miles on it and i just bought it with these quirks so i dont really know too much of the history other than i had to gut the...
Back