Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Got 20's and Lowering

I had my bolts removed, and had 2" blocks in the back... my truck sat even. (cut bumpstops in half) I think my alignment with camber kit was about $120. btw... if you're interested in rear shocks for a lowered explorer. I have a pair of edelbrocks i'll sell. Had um on mine when it was...
  2. R

1.25" wheel adapters/spacers....pros and cons?

I ran 1" bolt on spacers on my ex... no probs....gave it that wide stance that I love.....only thing to consider is if the original bolts from the truck stick out past the "flush wall" of the spacer...you'll have to trim the bolts....unless of course your wheels have holes in back to compensate...
  3. R

any experience with falken tires?

just put on 255/55/18 Falkens on my lowered X Hate um....very squirrly tires on the road
  4. R

Questions about O1+ Sports???

yeah...I'll e-mail ya some pics.... and I hear ya on the manual that would be fun, but I'd prolly tear my X up , hehe
  5. R

Questions about O1+ Sports???

*Any particular things to look out for as far as worn out parts that go bad first? IAC and Thurmastat are the only two problems I have had. Both fixed under warranty I had the same 2 probs at about 57k IAC was fixed free by Ford. The Thermo. was fixed by me, for a few dollars...
  6. R

Late model stock wheels fit older explorers

I had 2002 Monty wheels on my 2001 X-sport. They fit, tho I had to run 1/4" spacers in the front to keep the tire from rubbing (ran 255s). I decided not too long after that I didn't like the look...so now I got 18" CobraR'ahz and 1" spacers (6061 Billet aluminum) all the way around.
  7. R

Roll Pan

I'm very interested.... the main thing that bugs me about my truck now is the rear bumper. (w/o plate)
  8. R

third brake light graphic?

I've seen um on Ebay before
  9. R

FlowMaster exhaust

Dead Link Removed
  10. R

2001 Explorer Sport rear lights??

I don't think its paint you want though.... you want 'spray tint'. I did my 01 sport like Black Magic did his. I like it better than clears
  11. R

Possibly new wheels

I vote for the black wheels too. Looks tough
  12. R

Zenetti rims??

what's double posting? And who did it? (i think i missed something)
  13. R

Zenetti rims??

That site doesn't give the bolt pattern, offset, or backspace for those wheels. Were you able to get that info from them?
  14. R

01 Sport Fog light bulbs??

Your mirror lights are 194. Same as the license plate bulbs, and some of your interior bulbs as well. I had trouble finding 'colorful' replacements locally, but you can get um off E-Bay all day long.
  15. R

Southern X's

well, i didn;t have a chance to get the cam out and take pics, and now its raining. So I'll hafta do that this week!
  16. R

Southern X's

I'll fire up the ol digital cam tomorrow
  17. R

Roll Pan

Dead Link Removed
  18. R

01 x-sport standing height???

Did It!! Finally lowered my 2001 sport today!! Matt (Blackmagic)... I want to say THANKS! Your write up provided an easy guide to lowering my X. My bolts are almost all the way out, and 2" blocks now sit in the rear. Pretty easy job. Only thing I'll add to anyone else doing this.... remove...
  19. R

Installing Billet Grille

Bumper billet I'm planning to order a bumper billet grille, to match my main grille on my 2001 sport... heres the question.......... Is there a filler piece i need to make it work? or does it just install right in?
  20. R

No! IAC!

Well, X is back, running fine. Though I've yet to start it cold. I'll get to do that tomorrow. I'm a bit pissed though. The did the 00M12 no probs... said the computer indicated that this was 'most' of the issue. He also said needs a new IAC, yeah yeah, I knew that.. no prob I'll change that...
  21. R

can u paint the plastic on the rear bumper of a 93x

I was wondering the same. I was told it can be sprayed just like anything else.
  22. R

No! IAC!

My X is in the shop right now... looks like its the 00M12 service bulletin (manifold gasket). The are going to check it with the computer 1st (which I already had done and it pretty much told the tail). First all they wanted to do was sell me a new IAC (which prolly couldn't hurt to have) but...
  23. R

Look at this poor Expedition...

Looks like some kinda new model Subaru, hehe
  24. R

18's question

http://www.seffects.com/
  25. R

Getting exhaust... V Flow vs Flowmaster vs Magnaflow vs ?

I can't speak for anything other than the 50 series flowmaster..... Its pretty quiet with just enough growl when you give it gas. As far as in cabin noise, there is some, but you get used to it to where you don;t even realize its there. On the interstate at about 25k rpm theres a decent hum. I'm...
Back