Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

post servo install fluid check 5r55w

no, i didn't check it with the engine running, i know now i should have but at the time my logic was that since i lost fluid, the level would be low, so i could check without it running, and just add a little to bring it back up to normal. then when it started streaming out, the plug slipped...
  2. C

okay, started the car anyways, ran the trans from p to d then through 3 2 and 1, the back to park a few times, crawled under and checked fluid again. this time it as a heavy drip. i figured i was okay, so i took her for a spin around the block, i think i got it into 4th gear, all gears shifted...
  3. C

okay, so after over a year of having the o-ring servo fix things sitting in my closet i finally installed them yesterday. anyways, so today i was going to check the trans fluid since i figured it would be a little low due to losing a little while swapping the servos, (1/4 quart or so), but when...
  4. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

yeah, i took my snap ring pliers back today and got some needlenose. i would attempt today but we are having some tornado crazy weather here in oklahoma currently
  5. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! i cant get this damn snap ring out. i think ford made them so they are impossible to get out of there. not to mention what you are supposed to get a grip on to remove the ring isn't a hole, its more of a y shape, so you have to put pressure towards the wall of the bore...
  6. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

cool man, i have had the parts to fix this for a couple weeks now, just haven't had any time to do so. i have crawled under the car to "assess" how difficult this might be. seems simple enough, but i don't see how you left the y pipe in. that was the main thing i was worrying in the whole...
  7. C

Servo pin wear on the bore of 5R55W transmissions?

btw, little tip if you go here this is the website that hosts the servo fix, you get 10 dollars off compared to the ebay price. plus you can buy the chamfer bit and some lube to go along with the servo fix to make the install a little easier. http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com/
  8. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

yeah, i would advise to go ahead and "upgrade". but like brooklyn said, and i plan to do this too, buy some extra o-rings just to have on hand for down the road if they are ever needed. but seeing as this is an all to common problem for these transmissions, its a do it now or do it later type...
  9. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

just emailed the guy about the servo o-ring fix thing (needs an awesome name, currently has no name). im so excite!! this really seems like a good deal as you wont need to drop the trans, no drilling is required, and its cheaper. i am pretty sure this is the route i am going to take to finally...
  10. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

brooklynbay, i was hoping you would throw some input my way... i feel you have as much knowledge about this as can be had. yeah, i remember seeing a couple threads about the servo o-ring replacement thing. i also think you had said those might not be a perfect fix, as the worn part might...
  11. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

you obviously did not read my novel..... lol. i figure that the servo bore is a must if i want to fix what is going on, basically my question is to anyone that has done this. is it simple enough to be accomplished by semi-knowledgeable me? and what else should i think about replacing, or...
  12. C

servo-bore fix, 5r55w

okay, so i have driven long enough with no overdrive to finally decide to fix it. what my questions are 1) do i have to drop the trans. to fix this, or can i just remove crossmembers and lower the transmission to accomplish what i need?? 2) other than servo bore kit, should i buy...
  13. C

wheel bearing question

so i have been researching my options to replace bearings. my drivers side rear had developed a bad intermittent metal on metal grind at low speeds. since the i would assume a grind means the metal has gouged, i am going to get the whole hub assembly. i would assume that the other side would...
  14. C

rear bearings/hub where to buy??

you make no sense. the hub, bearing an snap ring are around 120 i think at rock auto, like 160 at vatozone, and then 60 at this autoparts.com link in post 1. just curious of the quality of this part, and the company that sells it.
  15. C

rear bearings/hub where to buy??

anyone who has bought these, where did you purchase from an were you happy with the item?? i found these here at autoparts.com, they're 60 bucks tho, which is really cheap to others, but supposedly the item is timken, which is supposed to be good quality, just curious of others experience with...
  16. C

no overdrive

so i been drivin around with my transmission bein like this for atleast 6 months now, finally got some extra money an time to fix, now i just need to make sure that i purchase the correct parts for my problem. i have an 02 xlt, so im pretty sure that means its a 5r55w, but first to second...
  17. C

what up from H-town

stumbled upon this site looking for a p0775 code on my '02 x, couldn't help but see how helpful and friendly everyone is, even with some almost helpless seeming individuals, lol, anyways, looking forward to doing some led mods, already fixed my pretensioner light (loose connection), my door ajar...
Back