Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Please Help

i removed the front drive shaft due to bad cv axles. they were binding up really bad one night so i had no choice but to take out the cv axles because i had to get to work the next day. going from a stop into drive it doesnt do this. only when going in reverse. and again not everytime. if i...
  2. N

Please Help

i removed my front driveshaft in my 2002 Mercury Mountaineer AWD and now when i put it in reverse and go to back up it doesnt mov at first. i hear a whinding sound the engine revs up and then it starts to move. any ideas?
  3. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

ok one more question can i remove the front cv axles and still drive my truck? will it hurt anything if i drive it without my front two cv axles. truck is AWD. if i can drive it safely without the two front cv axles i am going to take the front driveshaft out as well. i just want to know if i...
  4. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

*******UPDATE******* ok so i replaced the front left wheel hub and bearing assembly still have a slight rubbing noise but no pulling anymore....BUT now there is a really loud popping noise. it is happening when going slow and fast. still happens when turning left or right. sounds like the cv...
  5. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

thanks for the link do you think there could be any other reason why my truck is pulling hard to the left or are you pretty certain? just trying to rule out all options before buying new wheel hub.
  6. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

thanks for the info what is the rating on the work 1-10. 10 being the hardest. im used to working on imports so this is a whole new world
  7. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

could i replace just the bearing or should i go for the hub?
  8. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

yes it is very slight you can hardly hear it
  9. N

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

22" forte F7 Klutch w/ 305/40/22
  10. N

pulls to the left bad!!!

ok need help 2002 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 AWD when driving for a little while (i.e. 20 mins) the vehicle wil start to pull very bad to the left. i can hear a grinding noise but cannot tell where it is coming from. after i let the truck sit for a while about an hour it wont do it till it gets...
Back