Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Removing Heads

Thanks, its something i have to think about this is almost $2000 i will be putting into my truck 1600 of it is engine work (AHHHH!!) and ford explorers are great trucks this is the first time this engine has ever been broken down like this, the vavle covers just started leaking they could have...
  2. R

Removing Heads

Ok thanks for all the help everybody hopefully i will have everything before new years and have it running and post some pics, and would anyone recommend replacing the timing chain? I have had people tell me this but before the head gasket blew there was nothing else wrong with my Ex, if i need...
  3. R

Removing Heads

ok cool, would you use clearwater cylinder heads, or is there another company that sells these heads i have tried locally and people are talking 300 each the cheapiest :(
  4. R

Removing Heads

In your specs you are using 95 heads do they just match up? what kind should i get when looking for new ones, its going to be a every day driver and i dont have 4x4 it will be a show truck with the subwoofers and rims and tint, i still want it to have a nice take off i plan on adding an air kit...
  5. R

Removing Heads

:us: USA :us: Whats up Ruf here trying to remove the cylinder heads off my 93 explorer, but how do i get to the inside bolts located on the inner part of the heads how do i get to those 4 bolts do i take the lifters off or is it a special t-55 star that i use? trying to hurry up and get the...
  6. R

Breakdown the ohms

:us: Only In America :us: Hey Ruf here trying to figure out some info fo my expo, subwoofers, i had 2 kicker 12s comps ( black and yellow) had them hooked up to 1000 watt amp and was killing anybody with anything until i blew them lol, i have always had kickers thats my favorite brand i have...
  7. R

Electric fan vs belt fan

:us: Proud to be an American :us: I was wondering the benefits of using an electric fan versus a belt fan, my fan belt needs replaced every year, and no matter the belt in the winter it makes a whining noise and when i replace the belt it goes away, one benefit i do know with the belt friven...
  8. R

How To: 91-94 X Head light & corners swap

Nice lights Looking for some lights like that there are on ebay but dude i like the crome piece between the bumper and grill, every little thing makes it different.
  9. R

Please check my cooling fan wiring

Im thinking about adding a fan to my 93 ford explorer, can you post some pics of the wiring and how did you do the brackets i have a good idea just not 100% sure
  10. R

Check Your Fan Blade!!!!!

Where can you find a metal fan. Every explorer i have seen always had a plastic one the v8s having metal makes since but is there one for a v6, also i know some people have switched to a electric fan saying it brings up the horses and milage is that true?
  11. R

Air Intake Kit

Does that mean everyone ive seen with it to the side is wrong? Would i use the shining piping they use for airflow and position it right behind the grill and if can you can do it both ways (haha) which one is more effective, would i lose hosepower or suction with it being that far from the...
  12. R

Air Intake Kit

I have another question with the Air flow, if i got snother air intake would it improve on performance and what kind would i purchase? someone told me if i paint it black to keep it cooler that would also help but is this true or bull, some people evenbuy that wrap that goes around the intake...
  13. R

Going to replace head gasket, tips/parts??

Was it due to the build up? Im trying to replace my heads on a 93 explorer so far i got the top off staring at the heads wtf do i do now do i need a torch to get the head bolts off or can i use a torque bar not 100% sure how to get them off they seem stuck if i spray wd40 will it mess with the...
  14. R

Air Intake Kit

Well whether it is improved or not the chrome looks nice i give you an A for effort, if you get a better Throttle body it will give you more power, the explorer engine can with modifications can act like a sports truck, the most you can do is rebuiled your engine, better heads, exhaust and lower...
  15. R

Head gaskets

Help a brotha out im doing these head gaskets this sunday the 28th and i was wondering if anybody had any tricks or hints anything that i should know before i take this engine apart, i think im going to get new heads for the engine. Before, I think the lifters wasnt getting enough oil to them or...
  16. R

Air Intake Kit

:us: Awesome man thanks im ordering the sir kit today and the exhaust on my truck needs to be replaced glad you threw in the other links, Throttle body spacers are they a waste of money, i hear 2 sides i thought they were only good for carbs?
  17. R

Air Intake Kit

Hey on my 1993 Ford Explorer XL 4.0 its a stock engine but i just want more performance wise, someone told me if i put on a Air intake kit it will give me a difference, but there are alot of them out there which one should I get? and the ones i have seen sometimes dont have the part for the...
  18. R

The Executioner - My long overdue Explorer registry

I like LIGHTS Whats up clean ride i like the speakers in the back that box should give you some nice bass, how did you assemble the lights on the bottom, are the LEDs or neon and would the LED lights be easier to install
  19. R

Hey, welcome.

Hey, welcome.
Back