Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Explorer on 54" TSLs?

Go Samuri The Explorer is very cool but he isn't wheeling he is plowing. Now the Samurai that was funny how smoothly he went through the same pit with little trouble (at least from what we see).
  2. D

Manual Hubs for 2nd Generation

Hello, I would like to get your opinions about manual hubs for the 2nd generation Explorer. Your right there is no such item availably, but what IF someone did come up with a design I would like to know: Would you want them to be spring loaded - this means you rotate the hub dial to “Lock” and...
  3. D

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Actually no I did not look at the tranfer case. I was looking at the pictures of the drive shafts in the beginning of this post and how my drive shafts are currently on the vehicle. So now that I have looked at photos of the transfer case I see that it has the slip yoke on the rear. So thank...
  4. D

How to: Convert V8 AWD to BW 4406 Manual Shift- A how to thread

Drive shaft help HELP! I recently purchased a 4406 and both drive shafts. The issue is the rear driveshaft they gave me has a slip yoke and it came from a 1999 Navigator 4x4. From the pictures at the beggining of this post shows that both drive shafts are bolt on. Also the driveshaft I...
  5. D

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

I am interested in the Mustang lower. How do want to handle payment? Thank You.
  6. D

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

Part Wanted Hello, I own a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0 that I am looking to create a custom manifold. So I need the lower half for modifying. Do you by any chance know if a non GT40 lower will bolt to stock GT40 heads with all of the ports matching? If it will work then I would prefer the non...
  7. D

Who lives in Illinois?

Was this question ever answered? It seems I am a bit late for this post, but I will throw in my two cents. I am currently living in Beach Park, IL. which is just North of Waukegan. The question that started this whole post was about local 4x4 shops. McHenry County 4-Wheel Drive Center 2902...
  8. D

Full Time 4WD?

I have a 96 Explorer 4x4 :cool:. I want to find out if it is possible in 4-Hi to have the 4WD system fully lock instead of the computer controlled lock up. This is my first electronic controlled system and I can't say I like it. Personally I prefer a set of manual lock warns and a big solid...
Back