Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Xlt to limited bumper 1995

I just bought a limited edition bumper cover for my 95 explorer and it doesn't fit on the metal bumper...I've looked thru the forum and can't find anything about it. Does anyone know what I have to do to get the cover to fit..do I have to buy a different bumper? And the fog lights look like they...
  2. S

Limited Bumper Cover Help

hi, i bought a limited edition bumper cover for my 96 xlt 4d ... i was told it will go over the stock bumper, but it doesnt... what do i have to do to get the cover on properly.. if anyone has done this before or knows how to, your help would be greatly appreciated! thanks steve
  3. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

206k on my 96 and still running strong, except it needs a new clutch
  4. S

4.0l 5speed to 5.0 5speed ?

hey i looked into it and theres a ton of custom fab work that has too be done to make it fit...i dont really do any of that kind of stuff neither do i have the $$ to.. what do you mean by alot of cutting? what has to be cut
  5. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while but I have done some stuff to my ex. I installed the black housings (which look great), along with 10k HIDs. I also put these nice off-roading lights in the center of my grille. I will be putting them on my brush-guard as soon as I get it. I...
  6. S

Everything replaced but still hot air

ok thanks, where could i get a halogen leak detector?
  7. S

Everything replaced but still hot air

hi everyone, so i bought a 1996 explorer from my cousin and its in the best condition for its mileage :D.. the problem im having is the ac is hot.. before i got it, the condenser, compressor and another ac component were replaced.. but it still blows hot air.. it will blow cold air if its...
  8. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Yea, mines having some problems... When ever i take my foot of the gas (in gear) it'l start grinding gears.. sometimes it does this in when i put it in reverse too .. any body know what could be wrong with it?
  9. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Yea.. Its a lot fo fun compared to my auto explorer.. And it runs perfect for the amount of miles it has. The only problem is I can't get the hood open. And today i put in a Flowmaster Super 44.
  10. S

ok thanks man ill look into it
  11. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

yea ny girlfriend loves my stick also.. in my ex haha
  12. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Today I worked on doing a torsion twist. I got about 2 inches of lift on each side. I ordered Copper Head 2" lift shackles to lift it in the back.. Im looking for a good body lift, but there hard to find. Once I replace the shocks I will probably get a little more lift.
  13. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Polished it yesterday with 3M Rubbing Compound and Meguiar's Mirror Glaze
  14. S

hi everyone .. i have a 4.0l 96 explorer w. a 5 speed manual tranny .. i want to swap to a 5.0l v8 but i want to keep the ex manual .. i talked to some people about it and they said to get a 5l and put a mustang 5 speed on it .. im not sure what to do .. if any one has any tips or what i should...
  15. S

Painting Interior

Krylon sucks!! Definetly DONT use krylon , it doesnt bond to plastic and it wont last long. Go with Rostoleum Universal or if they dont have it in semi black use regular rostoleum. Ive painted with it before and it works great , just use primer and clear for a good finish. It'l stick to plastic...
  16. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Yes it was!! and thanks!
  17. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Pics
  18. S

96 Explorer XLT 5spd

Hi everyone, I just bought a 96 Explorer XLT that has a 5 speed tranny w/ 4wd. I got it for $500. It has 205k miles on it! But it is in excellent condition. The tranny was just rebuild 10k miles ago. It only needs an e-brake cable. The body is excellent except for a small ding on the...
  19. S

ABS goes on while normally braking

i have a problem with the brakes on my 96 explorer .. the abs goes on when i go to brake on normal dry road as if i was on a ice or snowed road... i am not sure if its the brakes or the hub or something else.. does anyone know what i could do to fix this? thanks -steve
  20. S

comp cam 410? 422? or delta cam?

http://www.tennesseespeedsport.com/Comp-Cams-35-410-4-Specialty-Camshaft-Hydraulic-Flat-Tappet-Camshaft.html ... will this work for a 96 v6 ohv efi w/ manual trany .. i have found a whole bunch of 410 comp cams but im not sure which one to purchase.. please correct me if im wrong
  21. S

95 4wd lift help

ok .. im about to go try it. but i read somewhere that you need to put ur jacks in a certain place to take the pressure off something .. where do i put them, or do i need to put them at all ? thanks
  22. S

95 4wd lift help

so i just tighten that bolt?
  23. S

95 4wd lift help

srry if i sound lik an idiot .. sumone told me it wasnt possible but i guees if u hav done it and it works .. ill do it
  24. S

95 4wd lift help

ok thanks .. i will.. i just dont want to buy sumething wont fit
Back