Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

265 /70 R17 stock hieght

any draw backs ? Hello now that you have been running the 265's for a while anything negative to report ? I am thinking about the same size but am worried about rubbing etc, thanks.
  2. D

6R60 & 6R80 Trans Connector Fluid Leak Repair

Thank you for taking the time to make all your videos. Very well done and informative.
  3. D

What to do...

These trucks are fairly good in light off road conditions with the traction control etc etc. If it was not a ground clearance issue it was a traction issue. Get some new tires and go at it again. If it gets traction you will make it. You will be surprised at the capabilities.
  4. D

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

looks great banditxp , any rubbing issues with the 255s
  5. D

07 mountaineer noisys diff.

same thing here ,after sitting 8 hours or overnight maybe once a month when cold and turning slightly. Lasts about 2-3 seconds.
  6. D

Winter performance

These trucks are like tanks in the snow. Point in the direction you want to go and it just goes. You need real tires , its certainly not the truck.
  7. D

V8 ticking noise

sounds just like mine , ford rep listened to it , i compared it to others. they all sound the same.
  8. D

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

looks great , do you have any rubbing with that wheel/tire combo ?
  9. D

Mystery Switch

heated windshield switch
  10. D

2010 Explorer Power Steering Issue

My 2008 v8 does the same thing. Dealer replaced rack , pump , all lines and cooler, lower steering shaft and it still does it. Removed front drive shaft , unplugged transfer case , swapped to new tires and wheels from a used truck etc etc etc. Still has the same noise/sensation. They by-passed...
  11. D

2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition Interior Trim Code ZC

Had to get a drivers side sunvisor for my 2008 eddie bauer. hope this helps PART NUMBER PART NAME 7L2Z-7804104-EA Sun Visor Assembly - 2007-2009 MY Non-Illuminated RH Lt Camel 7L2Z-7804104-FA Sun Visor Assembly - 2007-2009 MY Illuminated RH Lt Camel 7L2Z-7804104-GA Sun Visor Assembly -...
  12. D

2008 Explorer. Over sized tires vs. Lift.

Looks great , any rubbing while turning or off road suspension cycling?
  13. D

Engine Noise, Chain and lifter Photo

Hard to believe that its normal. When they told me and showed me the bulletin I went on a search and compared many 3 valve v8s and they all do it.
  14. D

google" ssm 21217 " thats the ford special service message regarding vct ticking
  15. D

Sounds like normal cam phaser operation. Do a google search , and a forum search. There are even you tube videos about it. Ford has tsb about it.
  16. D

2001 to 2004 pathfinder

Hello , has anyone owned one of these year pathfinders ? Looking to maybe get out from under my payment on the 08 eddie bauer v8 4x4. Just not sure on the nissan , having never owned a japanese truck. They seem kinda small inside compared to the explorer. Just looking for opinions , thanks .
  17. D

2003 good year for the sohc ?

Thanks guys
  18. D

2003 good year for the sohc ?

Thinking about a 2003 s/t with 101k , do the 2003's have the timing chain issue like the earlier ones ? thanks for any and all input
  19. D

Waag grille guard

Looks great , would love to see more pictures of that set up.
  20. D

Any 06-10 Explorer running front tow hooks?

My dealer has no listing for the 06 10 , did they give a part number ?
  21. D

2010 Eddie Buaer - skid plates?

The radiator skid I custom made from thick aluminum , the front diff is protected by a h3 hummer transfer case skid bolted to the front suspension crossmember. The h3 skid is a nice steel piece about 10 to 12 inches wide by 14 inches long and fits pefectly.
  22. D

2010 Eddie Buaer - skid plates?

on my 08 v8 i was able to get the factory skid for the gas tank. Its a tough polymer type material. Also got the factory steel transfer case skid. For the front diff i used a h3 factory steel transfer case skid bolted to the explorer front crossmember that works perfect. I made my own front...
  23. D

Hissing sound??

Curious , does your sport trac do it ?
  24. D

Hissing sound??

Mine did the same thing . There is a small vacuum check valve in the supply line for the system. It is located in the engine compartment. Look for a hard plastic line coming from the r/s of the firewall area leading to a vacuum source on the back of the intake manifold. In that line is a one way...
  25. D

06 Eddie Bauer 4x4 noise

perfectly quiet going straight , when turning even on ice / snow it has a whirring humming type noise. Did not sound normal to me until i compared it to another truck which made the same noise.
Back