Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2000 Ford Explorer Custom Paint with Lots of Pictures

An hour and half rear driver side leaf spring and shock replaced. Total cost $200 dollars. The shop wanted wanted $900 for the one side. ‪#‎success‬ ‪#‎fireitup‬ ‪#‎gassaver‬ ‪#‎ford‬
  2. M

U-Bolt Mounting Bracket

I need to replace my u-bolt mounting bracket and I would like to get actually get a brand new one but I can't find one. Can anyone help me track one down?
  3. M

Brian - I sent you a message. I am not sure if your still in the market or not. Anyway still continuing the labor of love. I have replaced the front two shocks and working on replace the rear leaf springs. Here is the progress on that so far.
  4. M

How To: Leaf Spring Removal / Installation / Swap

A huge thanks goes out to whoever wrote this guide. I'm a beginner on working on cars and the local shop quoted me $2600 for leaf springs and rear shocks. I'm saving about $2k doing it my self.
  5. M

Starter replacement help

I doubled check the connection and my dumb self forgot to hook the power wire back up. Put the starter on it she fired right up! Now I need to fix the exhaust, alternator and leaf springs and she should be road worthy after about a year.
  6. M

Starter replacement help

I am trying to learn this new role of driveway mechanic cause I am tired of paying the labor at shops and plus it kind of interest me. Anyway the X wouldn't start and the starter would just spin. I replaced it and now it just clicks once and wont start. The X hasn't been started in awhile. I...
  7. M

Well I finally got off my butt and started this project back up. It looks like I'm going to need alot of new parts just to get her running again. Replaced the front two shocks yesterday and going to work on the starter next. I had a party at my house and some deiced to step on the headliner I...
  8. M

looks like I'll only have the explorer for 2 more days

^ Nothing is covered under that from my experince
  9. M

Pffffff. That shop didnt do anything they didnt half to. No wonder they are out of business. I do finally almost have it dynamatted though. Its been slow since I got a daily driver.
  10. M

LOL still workingon the suspension. Trying to figure out if I want to do an air ride or not. THe bolt was from the roof rack im thinking.
  11. M

So I was working on the Explorer sound proofing it today and a bolt fell out of the roof leaving this lving hole. I got a few estimates on it which was about $400 to fix because of the custom colors ect. Anyway I was thinking of just getting an satellite radio antenna and sealing it up with...
  12. M

Should I buy this 2006 XLT V6?

Congrats! Enjoy the new ride.
  13. M

Best Shocks

I'm still learning the ropes when working on cars but the Explorer has defiantly giving me a chance to learn that is for sure. Anyway the leaf springs are broken and its had all kinds of weird problem and it just turned 100k. Anyways what is the best kind/brand of shocks for a smooth street...
  14. M

So what do you like about your Gen 2?

My Rims and Paint. Other than that right now. Nothing.
  15. M

Good battery no electric

Its working now. No idea what I did but its working. Appears I will almost be in the market for an alternator next.
  16. M

Good battery no electric

I have a new charged battery in 2000 Explorer. I double check the connections at the battery but nothing. I had it disconnect for a while while I was working on repair. Any ideas?
  17. M

How often should you?

I currently have a maintenance nightmare and a project Explorer. Its not my daily driver but how many miles should I put on it to keep it running.
  18. M

I just stole some tires.........

Looks sick. Good choice of tire.
  19. M

Best Jack

What is the best brand jack out there? My old jack finally will no longer lift my car so its time to replace. I need something that will lift an F-150 of the ground though with ground clearance of like 24"
  20. M

What's on your Explorer to-do list?

Too much to do to list here!
  21. M

Thanks for your help! Ill probaly get the leaf springs and shocks online ad get the other parts from the local shop so I can take them back easily if need be. According to the website those would fit.
  22. M

Looks like its around $600 for the parts to fix. Could you review some of these parts and let me know what you think? SHOCKS http://www.jcwhitney.com/belltech-street-performance-shock-absorber-and-strut-assembly/p3088451.jcwx?filterid=c15554d16937y2000g55u0j1 Leaf Springs...
  23. M

Yeah I am going price out my own parts and try to tackle this project my-self. I can get some from some friends and family if need be. Its my second car it just mostly sits in the garage so I will be able to take my time on it. I don't think I am going to lower because there isn't much wheel...
  24. M

I can do some basic things like brake pads, rotors, exhaust, and I'm pretty good at doing other minor stuff. Here is the quote. Remove and Replace RR Leaf Spring Assembly Spring Shackle and U-bolts - $1899 Remove and Replace Thermosat Assembly - $447.99 Remove and Replace Front shocks - $260...
Back