Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

South Carolina anyone?

Im in summerville. looking for places/people to ride with. hit me up
  2. C

How to: How To: Replace your Headliner

i actually took mine down and since it only had a few rips in it i just gluded some camo material to the exsisting headliner material. it looks really good.
  3. C

Putting on a 3 inch body lift.

thanks man, thats with me running 31's and just the 3 inch lift
  4. C

what's the strangest item you have found

nothing to great i found a glove from apparently the factory and a manual under the carpet. pretty interesting.
  5. C

alright you guys here they are.
  6. C

haha sorry about the wait you guys i was at camp danial boone for the last week. took pictures last night and uploading them today. yeah there are 10 body bolts and i took both my sway bars off before the lift and i have never really felt any pulling or rolling issues. i can say though that...
  7. C

sorry been having some trouble getting my hands on a camera. ill try tonight but no promises
  8. C

Alright after a day of driving with the lift my check engine light came on. so i pulled the codes and it came up as a bad canp sensor. anyone know where/how to fix this?
  9. C

no i used the same ones. surprisingly they were in pretty good shape
  10. C

alright after three hours tonight i finally got all the blocks in place. i ended up cutting off the fan shroud because it was being pulled up by my radiator hoses. ill put some pictures up later. all i have left is to tighten everything down and relocate the parking brake. On that note, i got...
  11. C

Copperhead Shackles........

yeah im just going to use a smaller bolt on them. i dont have the drill to do that
  12. C

did they give 2 inches of lift?
  13. C

the shackles that i ordered(after making sure that the holes were drilled for my year) do not fit the bolts. The holes are not 1/2 inch like the bolts and even though i have a 91( early style) they do not fit. They also had alot of surface rust when i got them.
  14. C

thank you everyone for all this help. another question. the front bushings when i was trying to take them off stripped so i ended up cutting and grinding them off. do you need the funnel shaped piece for the lift or would it be alright to just go but a nut to go on top?
  15. C

well ive been reading alot of threads and many people have not put on a steering extension and have been fine. my rear bumper is not really wanting to come off so im thinking about just leaving it at stock hight and just having a three inch gap. that wouldnt bother me so much. as of now im...
  16. C

Charleston South Carolina

Hey everyone Im looking for some places around the charleston area to offroad. anyone got any ideas? Thanks Colin
  17. C

well like i said at the moment my process is kind of at a standstill because of not having any bolts but i was also wondering about my steering. how is it without any extensions? does it bind at all and how do you disconnect the parking brake. also what else do i need to disconnect and how do...
  18. C

no the kit they sent only had 7 bolts, no nuts for the brackets hardwear, but i already talked to performance accesories and they are shipping some out for me. i was wondering if anyoe had a solution for the exposed radiator hoses behind the bumper. i like the mean look without the front bumper...
  19. C

alright after about 14 hours of labor ive gotten all the mounts off but the kit that i got did not come with the right sized bolts. do not order anything from streetsideauto.com because the customer service is crap and the box looked like it was being held together by tape. I called performance...
  20. C

after ten hours im at fronts off, rears off, drivers off(without droping the tank) and two passenger side mounts loose. i ended up cutting off both of the fronts because it turns out that they both have a nut on top and since the bushing is threaded it also acts as a nut which sucks. the three...
  21. C

Alright so this is my first time doing any sort of lift and with the help of a friend after 5 hours we have finally gotten 3 of the 5 body mounts off of the drivers side. Question. how do i get the mount off that is located above the gas tank? and the front mount for the bumper is stripped so...
  22. C

Treadwright tires anyone?

just got my 31" crawlers in and i love them. just a little bit of rubbing but im putting the bl on tomorrow so that wont be a problem. ill put pictures up. they do hum but its not that bad and they look sick. clear out really nicely and so far so good.
  23. C

Fuse with radio wires

connected to the wires on the back of my radio there is a small fuse box with two fuses a circular wire thing and its a circut board. there is power running into it on the red wire and fuses are not blown but no power is going out. my radio wont turn on at all. i was wondering if there was a...
  24. C

4wd pops

I just replaced mine with manuals after the shift motor didnt work for 13 years. went with the warn kit and hubs. no problems so far
  25. C

Mass Airflow Sensor

deffinately clean them first. had the same problem a few months ago and sprayed some carb cleaner on it and worked like new. no more idleing or cel
Back