Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Not another V8 swap thread (N2Ford)

I didn't have to rewire anything on the 4x4 system. Used the tracs original shift motor and bolted it onto the 4406. No mods needed SVT
  2. R

The shift motor from the trac (1354) bolts right up to the 4406. On the driveshaft, I don't remember what application it was, but we measured the difference between the 1354 and 4406, subtracted that from the length of the original driveshaft, then matched up that number with a factory shaft. I...
  3. R

Project: Twin Screw

Hey David, i got it going, but its back in my shop for upgrades. Smaller pulley, much more boost, bigger axles, more boost, body armor, more boost, 4 link suspension. Did i mention more boost? I moved my shop to Kentucky back in April, and have been busy as ever. So busy that i hardly have...
  4. R

5.0 Sport Trac Lives

Well, it looks like 2 V8 tracs are up for sale, mine's going up this week... SVT
  5. R

4.0 OHV eaton m90 supercharger help

So how did this turn out? SVT
  6. R

I'm probably gonna want about $5k. Not looking to get rich off it, but not gonna give it away either. Gotta buy another truck... SVT
  7. R

96-97 ecu's ( all XDT and SLL series) will run the later 99-01 setups, but they will run pig rich, and you only get about 10 mpg. This is what i did when i did mine, but had to run it this way til i got my custom tune from a guy in Owensboro, 2 years later and I'm doing my own... SVT
  8. R

If you swap injectors, dont go up or down in size, unless you want to buy an SCT tuner and have a custom tune done to modify it and delete the pats (yes, I'm tuning now :D ). I think you have the EQE2 ecu, if you do I can write to that code. On the t stat housing, work the bolt in & out, kind...
  9. R

Now its time to start searching for a front axle. I've got a king pin high pinion 60 I already narrowed to 60" going in mine. Just need to get the new axles for my ranger first... SVT
  10. R

I believe those are the warrior shackles. They definitely helped in the axle swap. Didn't have to drop the springs... SVT
  11. R

There is quite a few differences for the 98. Your best bet is to get a 99 engine and trans harness, fuel rails, cam syncronizer & cps, O2 sensors, cruise module and abs module all from the 99-01.... SVT
  12. R

Hey guys, I haven't gone MIA, just been real busy, David said I should show what I'm working on, so I'll hijack his thread for a couple of minutes. I'm doing an M90 supercharged 5.0 swap into my father in laws jeep tj, and am building a custom harness for it. After I get it running, I'll be...
  13. R

As far as hydroboost, I'm not sure, but if the donor has it, I'll probably snag it too... SVT
  14. R

So, you would think the problems would have ended when it was loaded on the trailer. Nope. Got about 15 miles from the house and the trailer caught a flat. No one in my town or the neighboring town, including mobile home dealers, had a tire they could sell me (mobile home axles). So I had to...
  15. R

Yeah, the BPP fuse was already blown, and it took 2 more fuses with it before I found the problem. Then it was the horn's turn, it took 3 with it....lol SVT
  16. R

So with everything back together, and out for one more test drive, everything works as it should, save for the cruise control, which David plans to change the clock ring. A slight vibration around 35 or so, then dissappears til around 60+. This is from the driveshafts needing balancing. 4x4...
  17. R

So after doing some further testing, looks like the brake pedal position switch (mounted on the master cylinder) is bad, and notorious for going bad, there's a TSB out for it, the infamous red pressure switch. Tested all the cruise components, and the switches are good, but the resume/set...
  18. R

Today has sucked, been chasing gremlins on this thing. What I had left was the pats chip to attach to in the right spot, had to fix the interlock, and fix the cruise control. So, I started by checking out the Brake Pedal Position sensor (the one mounted on the master cylinder), Both it and...
  19. R

Probably either the switches or clock spring... SVT
  20. R

The conclusion: So I worked on the vss today, pulled the abs module wiring apart, and found something. Somehow, I didn't wire in the new vss output. Got that done, went for a testdrive, nothing. So, I'm scratching my head, went backvover everything vss related, thinking its exactly like mine...
  21. R

Ok, so I cleared the codes, started it up and ran it for a few minutes, taking it through the rpm range a few times and getting it to operating temp. Shut it down, ran the codes, NO CODES! Onto the next issue, checking the vss wiring... SVT
  22. R

B heads were from 93-98, tumble port/C heads were 99 up... http://www.mustangandfords.com/parts/m5lp-0412-ford-four-valve-head-information-guide/ SVT
  23. R

Are they the tumble port, or C heads? I'd get on svtperformance.com and post them for sale. You'll do way better and faster on a mustang or mod motor forum. I'd say ebay, but they're fees have gotten rediculous not to mention dealing with shipping on those... SVT
  24. R

The teksid is better, all aluminum, capable of 1500 hp, readily available for less than your kidneys as payment. Today's second update: got it retimed, runs a little better, but getting a code still. Didn't have the cmp plug on when I reprogrammed the ecu, so I think the code is coming from...
  25. R

The intech/teksid is not for your DIY, run of the mill cookie cutter engine swap. Surgery will be needed, and performed. This will likely start in a few weeks when project ss minnow (5.0 supercharged tj) is finished... SVT
Back