Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. EricM9104

Is my wheel hub assembly going bad?

I had the same issue. Sounded like TCASE, pulled out my front driveshaft, the cv joint on it is failing.
  2. EricM9104

EricM9104's 95 Explorer !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFZDq1FcII
  3. EricM9104

4x4 low problems...

Bump, I would like to know this too as mine does it too...
  4. EricM9104

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

nearly 232k miles. orig 4r55e trans, tcase needs rear output shaft rebuilt, and need to rebuild frontend.
  5. EricM9104

1997 Ford Explorer XLT

Do yourself a favor and get the Motorcraft plug's. Ford's are finicky, mine wouldn't even fire on three cylinders with NGK's.
  6. EricM9104

loud clunk in front end

Yup. My upper driver side ball joint clunks at full lock and pulling outta my driveway.
  7. EricM9104

BA Torsion Keys!! BMFers!!

Sick I'd be all over these if I wasn't selling my rig :(
  8. EricM9104

Transmission is not shifting. It has a rough idle.

Dozens of sensors change how the motor runs and adjusts an automatic transmission shift points.
  9. EricM9104

What all is required? (Timing cover gasket replacement)

Anyone? It's on a 4WD with the 4.0L OHV motor.
  10. EricM9104

What all is required? (Timing cover gasket replacement)

Do I need any special tools? What would be the best way to make room for pulling the oil pan? Remove front diff or lift motor?? Thanks... I know so far I'll need an oil pan gasket, timing cover gasket, and water pump gasket.
  11. EricM9104

95 4.0 OHV 172000 miles

Last tune up? Run a check on your MAF and TPS (threads posted on here)
  12. EricM9104

EricM9104's 95 Explorer !!

Well, I said I had done the driver's door handle... I had it painted and everything..,. Finally got it installed tonight!!! Before... Before I replaced it was broken in half completely and only a friend and I knew how to open it, lol.
  13. EricM9104

tranny not going past 2500 rpm while in drive

When was the last time it had a tuneup?
  14. EricM9104

95 explorer questions

I'd stick with the OHV due to the simple-ness of a traditional motor.
  15. EricM9104

Darn ticking noise

No idea. Mine does it too, valvetrain noise. Poor supply of oil in the head to the lifters is what causes it.
  16. EricM9104

95 explorer questions

18-22 if you don't got a leadfoot. i rarely use 4wd on mine unless i'm off road. mine's got 227k on the original 4.0l ohv v6, slight lifter tick but that's it!
  17. EricM9104

My current setup

I wouldn't do it running over 500w.... Explorer roofs are not built strong...
  18. EricM9104

Horrible Gas mileage

SOmething's messed up... I just got 22mpg in my craptastic one with a failing trans lol
  19. EricM9104

engine surge

Check for vacum leaks. IAC.
  20. EricM9104

Exactly what transmission do I have..

Mass confusion right now... EEC-IV, 1995 Explorer, transition year, door code is T for the trans. However, I've seen in multiple areas it's either a A4LD or 4R55E or something... Is there a tag or something on the trans I can find out there?
  21. EricM9104

clicking nosie coming from engine

Sounds like valvetrain noise.. Mine's the same way, it's caused from poor oil supply in the valvetrain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cologne_V6_engine#4.0
  22. EricM9104

Does this seem like it's running right?

Something just doesn't feel like it's there... 4.0L V6 OHV, 225k miles, Motorcraft plugs gapped @ 0.050", Federal plug wires iirc, new fuel filter, need to change air filter, new MAF 3 months ago (reman from Autozone), and slightly cleaned IAC... Idle seems to have a slight lope to it also...
  23. EricM9104

1999 Explorer will not start after changing fuel filter and spark plug and wires...

Prime the pump multiple times... When I did my fuel filter, i was cranking it for 30 seconds before it finally ran. Do NOT run it for 30 seconds straight, run the starter in 5-10 second intervals or you'll fry it. Make sure the fuel filter is installed properly too
  24. EricM9104

need opinions...when to say OK?

Yup. Mine's chugging along at 225k, needs a trans, back doors don't open from inside, something is screwed up with one of the sensors on the motor. LOVE IT!!!
Back