Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

'14 Explorer Code P188B AWD Clutch Control Circuit Issue

Knuckles, I don't see why you couldn't, but in wouldn't suggest doing it for a long period of time. You will not have AWD, you will only have FWD when the code comes on and you will loose any of the terrain selections(ie 4WD).
  2. G

ProjectSHO89 thank you for all your help and getting me the troubleshooting procedures for this problem. I worked on this today. I got the truck on jack stands and I started looking at the ATCC solenoid first. I made my way down inspecting the harness and I found this: I'm not sure how this...
  3. G

I just printed out the instructions so as I go to each step I will document my readings on the pages I printed. I hope I don't have to dig to deep because it looks like I will have to remove some interior panels to get to the AWD relay module. If I'm not mistaken, the PCM is located under the...
  4. G

ProjectSHO89 this is great info! I plan on starting to look everything over this evening or tomorrow. When I find something will let you know.
  5. G

ProjectSHO89 thank you for getting back to me. The reason I put that info in about the PTU was because in other forums about the warning lights those questions were asked first. This seems like pretty straightforward troubleshooting. I will get under the truck and check ATCC solenoid to see if...
  6. G

Hi everyone! I have a '14 Explorer Limited 4WD with at 3.5L non-turbo engine. It has just over 80k miles. Yesterday on the first start of the day, I put it in reverse and a warning popped up that said "Check AWD", a wrench came on, and when I went to move the 4WD selector to see what was going...
  7. G

2014 Explorer Passenger Side Vibration @ 1400-1800 RPM

You make a great point. I guess I was thinking more about the vibration while driving. Plus a motor mount is way cheaper than an axle. I guess I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks again boomin!
  8. G

I'm really down to 2 things from what I can see. The RH axle or the RH motor mount. I know the mount mounts are liquid filled and have a tendency to leak or blow up. I checked mine today and its not leaking. I think I might do the axle next, if that doesn't do it, I'll attack the motor mount...
  9. G

Thanks Adrian! I was thinking of the same thing. I inspected the axle when I removed to replace the PTU and I didn't see anything physically wrong with it so I put it back in. I know that there is a bearing where the mount bracket is, could that be it? The cv joint doesn't have any signs of...
  10. G

Hi Everyone! I have a '14 Explorer Limited 3.5L AWD with 61,000 miles that is causing me major issues. I have had a major vibration on the passenger side of the truck at approximately 1400-1800 RPM at any speed. This happens while driving or when I try to duplicate it by 'power braking' the...
  11. G

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

Hi, everyone! I just bought a 2014 Explorer Limited with the 3.5L V6 2 weeks ago. I already have new Dee Zee NXC running boards. By the way, they look awesome! I highly recommend them. Believe it or not, my wife; yes my wife, wants an aftermarket exhaust. :thumbsup: Can anyone suggest a good...
  12. G

rear brake line leak!

I have a 98 Explorer XLT AWD that had the main brake line blow a leak today. Its the main line from abs all the way back to the connection to the rear brakes just behind left rear wheel. I started to look at for a connection in the middle to my surprise no connection. It is one continous line...
  13. G

Blend Door removal tips

Thanks fellas, I did the heater treater instructions that came with my blend door. I was hesitant at first to cut the plenum. Just the thought of cutting anything in my vehicle's creeps me out. Thats why I didn't do it in F-150. I should of though! It was messy but the end result was...
  14. G

Blend Door removal tips

Ok, Ive got the beloved blend air door that needs to be replaced on my '98 Explorer. Ive already done this to my '99 F-150. It sucked! I pretty much removed the whole dash! I know about the cutting the hole in the bottom of the air box, but is there any other way to get the broken door out...
  15. G

What tires are good?

Yeah I know all about Goodyears as far as Walmarts brand and so on. Believe it or not I was technican for Goodyear for 2 years and know all their tricks. I know who they own and so on. I like the RT/S but I also know they are phasing them out and going to the Fortera and Fortera Triple Tread...
  16. G

What tires are good?

Ok, I have a 1998 Ford Explorer AWD, right now I have 235/75/15 Goodyear Rt/S's on the truck. Ive put on over 50,000 mi on the tires and drove in snow, rain, mud, etc. They treated us really good, stuck in the snow and never slid in the rain. But its time for new tires. I want a good American...
  17. G

1998 5.0 Serious Problems!! Need Help!!

Hey thanks so much for the help Street! Well I gave in and brought into to the dealership. We are getting slammed with snow this weekend and I know it would be days to fix the truck. They said the c.p.s was good! but the hooked up the computer and found a fuse that was causing all those damn...
  18. G

Ok Gentlemen, Im still getting my butt kicked!! Im about to bring it in to the dealership! HELP!! The only thing I can think of is that Im putting the wrong cylinder in TDC. Im going by firing order but the #1 cylinder is in the passenger side front cylinder, right? I put the motorcraft...
  19. G

thanks 410 and street. I cleared the 2 codes right from start. but once I started the truck the first time I had all those codes. I cleared them and started from the begining. Ever since my mess up I have been making sure Im TDC on the compression stroke. Which trying to stick your finger in the...
  20. G

Hey Thanks Alot, Street! I looked at all the posts and I went ahead and ordered a Motorcraft synchro and sensor. It should be here tomorrow. I really hope this works. Im totally baffled by this. Its driving me nuts and alot of sleepless nights. Do you think this will get rid of all these codes...
  21. G

thanks for the reply street. Ive got to get a haynes manual. Ive been using Ebsco research database. The oil pressure gauge in the truck looks normal. I know thats not a definate gauge but it up in the normal range. I also got the Dorman synchro, that is apparently is not a good one. What brand...
  22. G

I have a 98 Explorer AWD XLT with a 5.0l V8. It started with the chirpping noise in the front of the engine two pulleys later, then 2 codes and found the CMP Synchronizer broken which resulted in the sensor broken as well. I removed the synchro and the sensor, but failed to put the #1 cynlinder...
Back