Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

Yep, I've seen it in various stages of repair. Looks pretty good now. Sits pretty high with the new springs. Today I saw you sitting in the lot after work on my way out...around 8pm. You probably heard my truck as I left. LOL Wasn't real happy to be there so late.
  2. S

Hey Waz, how's it going? This is Mike from work...used to have the silver '01 Exporer Sport.
  3. S

rear tow point?

I eventually got one of the D-ring mounts and it works well and is easy to use in most cases. Does get a little difficult when its extremely cold out though. My wife got me a Smittybilt Beaver Step for Christmas. I like that I can use it without any hooks or messing with any fasteners...
  4. S

explorer sport pics

Didn't notice this post earlier. I used brand new leaves that were put together as a kit by Eaton Detroit Springs. Not sure what year F150 the leaves were intended to fit.
  5. S

That's correct that we didn't stack the new leaves as extras. Most of us stripped the Explorer leaf packs down to the main leaf and swapped the rest of the leaves with several F150 leaves per side. The amount of leaves used varies by how much lift you want and how stiff of a ride you can handle.
  6. S

wheel adapters?

You need an adapter like this 5 x 4.5 to 5 x 135mm. Also keep in mind the thickness of the adapter and the width & offset of the wheel you're planning to use. You don't want to push the wheel out too far. This place has thicknesses from 3/4" to 2.3" for that type of adapter...
  7. S

285's on second gen pics

I had 285/75R16 Terra Grapplers with stock wheels on my Explorer Sport. I only did about a 1" TT up front and F150 rear leaf conversion, which gave me an inch or so of lift out back. No trimming was needed. They looked pretty stuffed in there, but the only rubbing was on the front sway bar at...
  8. S

That's why I bought brand new leaves when I did mine. Didn't want to worry that some random springs might already be worn out. The swap turned out great for me.
  9. S

Oh sorry, forgot the first gens were different. I have no idea what would work for the front of those.
  10. S

The rear Explorer springs get leaves swapped with F150 leaves and will give up to 3" of lift, depending on how bad yours sagged to begin with. The front can't use F150 coil springs, since Explorers have torsion bars instead of coils. All you have to do is tighten the adjustment bolts for...
  11. S

2011 Explorer gets ECOboost twinturbo V6?

The Ecoboost 6 should be available later in the model year.
  12. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Mine has been a lot of fun for 121k miles, but is getting traded in to the dealership tomorrow. Time for something new with a warranty. My new ride is 2010 F150 FX4 and I love it! Wanted a Raptor, but they wouldn't do A-Plan or any incentives.
  13. S

Yep huge difference in torque. The V8 also makes it at lower rpm, where it is needed in a heavy vehicle. That's why I like turbos...more hp and low end tq even with a smaller engine. Need more power? You could play with the tune, up the boost, or upgrade the turbo(s).
  14. S

Sucks the ecoboost 6 isn't available right away. I need a new car/truck now, and the best I can get is the NA 3.5 V6 in the '11 Ex. I've seen what some people have done with the new SHO, and I REALLY want to be able to play a little with the Explorer. :(
  15. S

Top Speed ?

Mine has seen 120 when it had 32s and uncorrected speedo. The tune has the limiter removed. I can only get it to 115 with the 33s. Still uncorrected though, so its probably around 122-123. It reads exactly 5mph slow at 70. Stability is decent, and I cruise 95-100 daily without worry.
  16. Sport in Aruba 2010

Sport in Aruba 2010

17. Sport Trac in Aruba 2010

Sport Trac in Aruba 2010

18. our new '09 G8 GT

our new '09 G8 GT

19. Craftsman tractor snowblower

Craftsman tractor snowblower

20. Fastest I've gone in my Mustang so far

Fastest I've gone in my Mustang so far

21. '83 Mustang-pic4

'83 Mustang-pic4

Turbocharged 5.0L with Edelbrock heads and intake.
  22. '83 Mustang-pic3

'83 Mustang-pic3

23. '83 Mustang-pic2

'83 Mustang-pic2

24. '83 Mustang-pic1

'83 Mustang-pic1

25. Bent Rancho shock 01 Explorer Sport-pic2

Bent Rancho shock 01 Explorer Sport-pic2

Back