Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Paint Issues - Non Hood

I mentioned similar rust spots in the post below... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3353640#post3353640
  2. L

Goodwill refund from dealer?

Everyone is entitled to a opinion. I look at it as a small return for customer loyalty. I traded in a 2000 Explorer XLT, that I purchased new, on a 2014 Explorer XLT that I also purchased new. My wife drives a Mercury Mariner and 90% of the cars in me entire family are Ford due to a...
  3. L

I agree it was generous but why would Ford say this was not a warranty issue yet essentially pay for the repair? I don't believe it was caused by an object strike. I am the only one that has ever driven the vehicle and don't recall something hitting the roof. And both areas are only 5...
  4. L

2014 Explorer with 8900 miles that has 2 very small rust spots on the roof about 5 inches apart located just above the windshield. Took it to a local dealer, body shop guy takes a look at it, gets some paste compound, rubs off the rust and then takes some photos. Of course Ford denies it...
  5. L

More mileage on trip computer vs odometer

I have never reset the Trip 2 computer but as you can see in the photo there is .2 more miles on the trip computer versus the odometer. Not a concern just found it interesting.
  6. L

2.0 Ecoboost engine noise when let off throttle

Spoke to a mechanic at a local custom shop. He is positive is it the turbo blow off valve dumping the air as it occurs when letting off the throttle as someone earlier had mentioned. When in neutral, rev the engine and let off it doesn't make the noise. He said that is because the turbo is not...
  7. L

Running 87 octane. Will call the dealer and demonstrate it for them, thanks Crystal.
  8. L

I have 2014 XLT with 2.0 Ecoboost that has 5000 miles on it. Sometimes if I step on the gas pretty good for a few seconds and then let up quickly there is a 1 to 2 second rattle from the engine compartment. Anyone else heard this noise and is this possibly a "normal" noise from the turbo...
  9. L

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

LED swap front dome and license plate I swapped out the interior front dome lights with iJDMTOY 2W High Power 360-Degree Shine 168 194 2825 T10 LED Bulb http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GG6FDQ/ Tried 20-SMD T10 12V Light LED for the license plate bulbs but they are just slightly too...
  10. L

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

Carpet cargo mat Anyone recommend a carpet cargo mat that fits like a factory one should? My 2000 Explorer XLT came with a nice factory one that was pretty heavy duty with anti-skid rubber backing. Just want something to protect as I can imagine the light stone color in the cargo area...
  11. L

Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

Panavise mount that bolts under the screen bezel. Then attached a universal GPS mount that has swivel adjustment. The ICOM 880h control head has a detachable metal mounting plate with magnets on the back of the head. Attached the mounting plate to the GPS mount with some 3M double sided...
  12. L

Radio and antenna installed Finally got radio and antenna installed by a local stereo shop. Radio body installed under driver seat. Extension speaker mounted out of sight under dash on drivers side. 8 gauge power wire and coax ran through firewall on drivers side. Very, very pleased...
  13. L

Nice looking install. Where did you install the main radio bodies? I am scheduled to have ID 880h installed next week. Debating between under passenger seat or back in the passenger side rear storage compartment.
  14. L

'14 ham radio install pending So I just got my new '14 XLT and building my plan to install an Icom ID-880h http://www.aesham.com/multi-band/icom-id-880h/ Purchased a Panavise to mount remote head (magnets in 880h head supposed to be pretty strong)...
  15. L

Grease on Left Front ABS sensor - is the hub shot?

2000 EXP XLT ABS light came on replaced sensor on rear diff did not fix problem of ABS activation at low speeds. Just replaced both front hubs and still have pedal chatter when almost at complete stop. What else could it be?
Back