Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Vent Flipper

Checking back. Gang Checking back to see if you were able to locate any info on my issue?
  2. M

Vent Flipper

thanks gang.
  3. M

Vent Flipper

2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4. I am sure this question is somewhere on this web site but having a hard time locating. This is a case where when running anything Heat or Cool the air blows through the defrost vents. Also the vents on the back of the console blow all the time. So with this i...
  4. M

Window Sliding

ok finally getting back around to this. The windo is firm in attempting to slide it back and forth.
  5. M

Window Sliding

thanks i will check this first. if so may need the step by step instructions to get her fixed. 193,000 miles and still going strong.
  6. M

Window Sliding

1997 Explorer AWD. All electrict windows. When it is cold the drivers door window struggles to go down. When warm out it does ok sliding up and down. Two things come to mind on the issue. Issue one. the window guides are getting dry and the motor struggles to raise and lower the window. Other...
  7. M

1997 Explorer AWD Seatbelt issue

Ok gang I have gotten good advice here and looking for some more. On the way to work this morning i attempted to click the seatbelt in which i discovered that the clip would not go all the way in. The Release button on the seatbelt clip also would not push that far in. So any thoughts I am...
  8. M

Suspension and Drive

This is on a 1997 Explorer AWD . 180,000 miles. I have a couple of items i would like to get thoughts on. Issue #1 I get a ticking noise when i am moving forward or in reverse. When i pulled the front drive shaft it goes away. I am assuming that it is in the Transfer case. So thoughts on...
  9. M

1997 Explorer anti-lock brakes are false triggering.

When i am coming to a stop the anti-lock brakes kick on within the last approx 10 feet of the stop. This does not happen all the time but seems to be happening more and more frequently. This is on a 97 Explorer XLT AWD. 5.0 automatic. I have looked over the brakes. The rear brakes were...
Back