Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

tires

just wondering what is the biggest tire size i can run without any lift?
  2. T

Popping/Creaking in Front Pass. Wheel

POP always start with the simple things first. Never mind jumping to the gearbox and stuff right away, check obviouse things first. The first place i would look, is check your front brake slides. The little silver things with rubber in the middle that hold the front calipers on. Look at the...
  3. T

question about tie rods?

tie rods the most acurate way to check for any tie rod play, is get a buddy to shake your steering wheel back and forth, with the truck on the ground. Crawl underneath and see if there is any play. If you check it with it in the air, the main area that wears has now moved and could be tight...
  4. T

Big job?

Just out of curiosity, about how long do you think it should take me to bolt up a set of straight axles to my explorer, while at the same time, doing a suspension lift? Anyone ever done it? If so, i would love to get some tips.
  5. T

Help, Tranny needed

Im having a problem. My tranny in my explorer is starting to go. Now i would like to put a standard tranny in it, but, im having trouble finding one. I need "ALL" the parts to make it work, including flywheel, clutch pedal, drive shaft, transfer case, etc. If someone can help me, it would be...
  6. T

Spring Shackles

Right now it is stock. I will be putting a 6" lift on it next month. If i put the axle under the springs, do i have to change the shaclkes? Is it required that i change the shackles?
  7. T

Spring Shackles

On my explorer suspension lift, (6 Inches), can i just add blocks or do i have to change shackles as well?
  8. T

Comment by 'Tiger' in media '94 Limited'

dude, nice truck. Im doin the same ( 6" suspension and 3" inch body with 35' tires) wow. Someday i wanna go on one of these runs. Ever been?
  9. T

Axles

I need a set of 4:56 or 4:88 gears. I would like to add a solid front axle with the same gears. If anyone can help pleas send me a message with the info. My girl is a 91 XLT. Thanks
  10. T

Tires

i have 3:73 gears now, can i at least get from A to B for now?
  11. T

RUNNING RICH.....AGAIN

Most likely IAT )intake air temp) sensor. If not, try pulling apart the IAC (idle air control), make sure theres no crap in it and put it back together end try that. Also, leaking injestors will cause it to overfuel. Check fuel pressure.
  12. T

Help, Motor is backingfiring.

It wont be an O2 sensor, all that does is take an oxygen reading of your exhaust. It is more than likely the coil pack and no there is not a way to test that. Try all other odds before attempting this one.A try may be a TPS. I dont know for sure but its just a suggestion.
  13. T

Help me Diagonse this Please.

check your alternator. If it is goin, it may make noises, and also cause a squeel as it is trying to charge so hard. Good luck
  14. T

horrible gas mileage!! help!!

A very unlikely problem but yet possible is your torque converter. If it decides to go, it may be locking up when its not supposed to. Another possibility is check your Catalytic converter, if it is plugged, bingo! I emptied mine (SHHHHHHH), and it helped quite a bit actually.
  15. T

weird noise on '91 X...tranny?

Try LUCAS transmission additive, ive seen this stuff work some miracles. Hey, its worth a shot.
  16. T

weird noise on '91 X...tranny?

Re: after another test drive... A very inexpensive way to attempt your problem is, do a tranny service (fluid, gasket and filter) but add a bottle of "LUCAS" transmission. I have used this stuff before and it really does work. Maybe not for this problem but its worth a try.
  17. T

Tires

My truck is a 91 xlt with twin I beam suspension for now. With me adding a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift, what are the biggest tires i can fit on? 33, 35? Please help. Also, if i do go to say a 35, will any gearing be necessary. I dont do too much rock crawling, mostly mud and trail...
Back