Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How To: Fix the Door Ajar Problem

I will try to! I haven't had my explorer in about 3/4 years so I'll have to do some digging to see if I still have the pictures somewhere.
  2. S

Lowered 02 Limited

I used Gabriel (sp) Struts. No one else had any struts in stock around here for my truck and I couldn't wait for them to order them. The front wheels are cambered in, it's more noticable there than in the back. I didn't use a camber kit but I did get it aligned, only because it was free because...
  3. S

Lowered 02 Limited

Sorry guys school has been keeping me busy these last few days. I'll have bigger and better pictures this friday. :)
  4. S

Very Sorry the photobucket account they were attached to was deleted. I no longer have them on my laptop either. It's too late to snap any pictures of it today. Friday I have the full day off and I will snap some new pictures and have them up ASAP. Sorry guys. I completly forgot about those...
  5. S

Lowered 02 Limited

Don't have any before pictures but I have a ton of afters. It took me 10 hours to lower it since it had all oem parts on it. Broke two strut bolts clean off. I had to reuse the old strut mounts since no one, not even ford, had any instock. The old ones were suprisingly in good shape though. I...
  6. S

Can't find the v8 exhaust manifold sticky

What sticky? is it the one with the info about the headers and stuff?
  7. S

Premium fuel??

I'm a firm believer in running the gas that the factory recommends, running a premium fuel is only required if you have a high compression engine. A normal engine isnt going to perform any different, from running on premium when it was designed to run on the lower octane fuel. Thats my belief...
  8. S

Air Suspension?

I just want adjustable suspensions...I don't want to drag "gas tank" as we say around here lol. I just want a nice way to lower the truck thats not a static drop. This way when I tow, which is only occasionally, I would like to be able to control my ride height.
  9. S

Air Suspension?

Alright I've been looking for more info on a bagged explorer. All I can find is the rear support bags for a 01-05 sport trac. Is there ANY place that sells the whole system?
  10. S

Rear end swaying...

maybe you need some sway bar links....my aunts sport swayed horribly just driving on the street and when turning......one link was broken and the other was completly gone.
  11. S

Kenne Bell Supercharged Explorer...

i take it the 4r70w isnt a direct bolt up?
  12. S

Building Up an 02 Engine

i suggest a 4.6 dohc swapp....lol
  13. S

When will eco-boost explorers show up at dealers?

Over at the chicago ford plant there lot is full of the new explorers...not sure where they will end up but I always see them leaving by the truck load.
  14. S

Where did you get the level 10 5r55w from? did you buy a kit and do it yourself or send it out?
  15. S

My 2000 Mounty gets 52 MPG! (Downhill)

my message center tells me I get 99 mpg when i coast lol...
  16. S

I've never had to refill my coolant. Did a Flush and haven't added fluid since then. The pistons have like a light shade of black stuff on them which I assumed was carbon.
  17. S

Did you try to spray down the latches with some wd-40 or some other lube.
  18. S

Finally decided to do the exhaust (pics)

Looks like I have a project ahead of me then. Say goodbye to that pointless cat/resonator.
  19. S

I suspected a blown head gasket a while ago....but there arent any signs of a leak or burning any coolant. No misfires. No coolant where it shouldn't be. The only thing I can think of is the cheap rubber cap Im using can't handle the heat or the pressure and it seems to be blowing right through...
  20. S

Yes coolant bypass. It's a rubber cap that just goes over an opening with a clamp around it...and it always blows out on me. I currently have 130K on my engine and trans...still thats not goin to stop me. I take it you also upgraded the stock transfer case too?
  21. S

Finally decided to do the exhaust (pics)

When you removed the third cat, no lights or problems happened with the whole emissions crap? and If I remove mine, being I already have a flowmaster exhaust, it wouldnt cause any problems with engine lights? The only reason I ask is becaue the guy that did my exhaust told me that he couldnt cut...
  22. S

Does anyone know if..........

I will have to look more into this elite membership thing. It supports the forum and I get rid of some junk just laying around. That's a win-win situation. haha. Believe me I've tried craigslist and for some reason people around me dont seem to want any of this stuff.
  23. S

Glad to hear that your problem has been solved! I'm only doing my job haha.
Back