Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Believe wireing problems

Well got the new horn relay today and now it works okay so far but it did before, cruise control works again but not the light on the dash for the auto theft which worked before this. So time will tell I guess if the horn starts blasting again when ever and scares the crap out of me!! Still...
  2. B

Believe wireing problems

It doesn't sound like the limited. It has a gray cloth interior, no leather and no the steering wheel and column are not the same color, they are just black, and no overhead console. It has the chrome front and rear bumpers, no colors. Carpet is gray like the rest of the interior. I'll see if I...
  3. B

Believe wireing problems

I just noticed today that since I have the horn relay out and the horn unhooked I don't have any cruise control or auto theft on the dash. I remember the last time I didn't have a horn it was the same way! What do they have all this tied together somehow and maybe the running lights also...
  4. B

Believe wireing problems

Yes my horn did that then I noticed the running lights were all on when I went into a store. They most likely came on at the same time my horn blasted but didn't notice them till at the store, this was during the day. After I got home the lights were still on and went to unhook the battery but...
  5. B

Believe wireing problems

Well I got the pad off the steering wheel and the metal horn thing looks fine, not bent or anything. The relay is clicking now but I know it wasn't when the horn went off and I unhooked it, so I ordered a new relay for it, not sure if that's going to be what's wrong either since it does work...
  6. B

Believe wireing problems

By the way, is that hard to get off, at least I could check mine and see what it's like? It could be that or the relay since after I unhooked the horn the relay wouldn't click for a little bit then clicked again. The lights is a different deal and nothing was touched just going down the road...
  7. B

Believe wireing problems

By the way, is it easy to get that off, at least I could check mine? Still think it's the relay, doesn't click when the horn does that and it's unhooked, then it will click again after a little bit, so it's sticking from itself or the metal thing you're talking about. The lights seems to be a...
  8. B

Believe wireing problems

I think it's the xlt, but it does have that mirror, so not real sure. Does not have the overhead console either. Yes the mirror has the auto button for the lights but I've never had it on, it wasn't on then. I'm thinking that maybe the horn relay is sticking but I didn't push the horn for...
  9. B

Believe wireing problems

Going down the road, horn all of a sudden honks continuously, had to stop to unhook it to get it to stop, then when I stopped at a store I noticed my headlights and all running lights were on. After I was going to unhook the battery they went out, have no idea what caused this, any ideas out...
  10. B

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

Hi, All I ended up doing was to reset the module, found the white button on it at the bottom and now have 4L. Or you can just unhook the battery wait a little and hook it back up and that will reset it also. Al
  11. B

4x4 SWITCH Question

Hi, I'm not the one you are replying to but I did this the other day. The bumper is on the back side of the gear, you won't see it until you pull the gear out, you should mark what position the gear is in before you pull it out, at least I did just to make sure it was back in the way it came...
  12. B

91-94 factory stereo wiring

Getting the factory stereo out All this is good to know as my speakers are not wired right at all, so I need to get the factory stereo out of my 1st gen explorer, how do you get the factory stereo out of the dash in the 1st gen explorer? There is enough people on here that have taken them out...
  13. B

4x4 SWITCH Question

I now have 4L, all it took was reseting the module!!
  14. B

4x4 SWITCH Question

4x4H but no 4L I did the shift motor thing and replaced the smashed stop with a piece of gas line hose, now I would like to check the 4L switch, but how do you get it out of the dash in the 1st gen Explorer, have a 94 Limited. For all I know it has a wire off or the switch is bad but can't...
  15. B

I have a problem with the shift motor.

Now I can't find my post or the first one I put in in the new members section. I read and did all that anyway.
  16. B

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

Might be dumb question But this is all new to me! By the way where is that reset/test button? I didn't see anything on the module that looked like a test button. Also how do you get the 4x4 switches out of the dash to check them? I have 4H but no 4L or light for that, and I did the rebuild job...
  17. B

I have a problem with the shift motor.

Hi all, I traded my Ranger for a 94 Explorer Limited a few weeks ago and have been getting everything working on it except for the 4L. I took the step motor off and yes the shifter shaft goes to 4L with a pair of pliers with no problem, but the motor doesn't seem to turn far enough to go into...
Back