Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Trans cooler help

Posted this in the transmission forum with no luck so far. This is a bit specialized for this one. Ok fellas. I had my 94 a4ld rebuilt a year ago. Works great so this isn't one of those threads. I have the factory cooler after the radiator in the front and I really want to try to make this...
  2. J

Mysterious clunk

No other work was done with the trans other than a rear main seal was put in. I thought about the radius arm bushings and even looked at them many times. When I bought it they were about a year or two old but it looks like they only replaced the front one one the passenger side and the back...
  3. J

Mysterious clunk

Ok folks I'm ready to pull my hair out. I had my transmission rebuilt in April if I remember correctly. About a week after getting it back I noticed that when I take my foot off the gas at a lower speed like if I let off at the 1st to 2nd shift or the 2nd to 3rd it makes a clunk noise. Its...
  4. J

2013 All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, Pa Jun 7-9

Looks like its gonna be pretty nice tomorrow fellas. I'm gonna be in tomorrow some time and I'll look you guys up
  5. J

Overdrive question

I noticed this morning that overdrive in my 94 auto is pretty sluggish. I usually drive around with the truck in drive not overdrive so maybe that's why I having noticed anything. When I take off in overdrive it almost seems like its slipping but it's not. In drive I feel nothing. It...
  6. J

94 towing question and opinions

I have a 94 xlt with the factory cooler/ warmer and I have a hitch I just put on. I'm getting ready to buy a house and I'm looking at getting a 5x8 or 5x10 steel utility trailer to use around the house. I'm not pulling anything heavy with it. It's mainly for a couple of sheets of drywall or...
  7. J

Factory trailer light plug

Ok my 94 has the factory light wires down to the bumper with the round plug on the end. I'm having trouble finding the pig tail that plugs into that and goes to the trailer. I found one that they say us for the truck but I'm finding alot of ones that are for the second gens. If anyone could...
  8. J

Bronco ll spare tire carrier

Ok I have been searching for a couple of days to see what others have done with the carriers and I really would like to put one on my x. If I would do it, it would be the correct way to do it by putting backing plates behind it to reinforce the body and paint the holes that I drill so it...
  9. J

Warn manual hubs

they are manuals. i converted them. ill clean them and relube them. any special grease to use?
  10. J

Warn manual hubs

thanks guys. it does sound like a case of bad auto hubs. i guess i just need to be carefull with my 4x4. i also took the hub off tonight and nothing looks to be warn or unlubricated so im not sure.
  11. J

Warn manual hubs

Alright fellas, i dont even know if this is a problem or not. i have a 94 with warn manual hubs that are about a year old. about a week ago, i decided to try the 4x4 just to see if everything was ok, so i locked the hubs and once i put it in 4x4 and moved about a foot or so, it made a sound...
  12. J

motorcraft oil

im dont know a whole lot about the different oils but my 94 x has 157xxx miles and i wanted to see what weight of motorcraft oil everyone uses. I dont even know whats in there now. the shop changed it the last time and i want to do it know and i want motorcraft oil in it. will the 5w-30...
  13. J

4.0 ohv noise

My 1994 explorer with 156xx miles has what i think is a knock at idle. im not really sure exactly if thats it but you can only hear it if you are under the truck. if you have the hood open and you are just standing there you cant hear it. if you give it throttle it goes away. its not all the...
  14. J

1st Gen oil pressure ?

Yea mine runs great also by the way.
  15. J

1st Gen oil pressure ?

First off, I am VERY **** about my truck and i keep an eye on everything. I looked up somethings on here about the oil pressure in 1st gens. On the oil pressure gauge it has a L normal H as most off you know. The needle is normally between the O and the R in normal on the gauge, but...
  16. J

power mirrors

not sure if this is the right place to post this but i would like to know if 2nd gen power mirrors will fit on a 1st gen 1994 xlt explorer. it looks like it will bolt up but are the plugs the same on the inside. i just like the look of the 2nd gens better.
  17. J

shackles or add-a-leaf

I have a 94 explorer xlt and im gonna do the spacers up front but i can get a kit for the whole truck with add a leafs. What's better? warrior 153 shackles or just stick with the add a leafs? whats everyones thoughts?
  18. J

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

yea thats who im going with. i cant wait.
  19. J

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

ill be there fellas, but with my focus. im leaving my two trucks at home and gonna take the focus in with focaljet.com. there's going to be 180+ cars there. ill look everyone up.
  20. J

low beam light wire ?

hey, i searched and searched and i just need to know what color the low beam wire is on a 94 xlt explorer so i can tap into it for a set of hella 500s im going to put in a prerunner bar in have on. thanks in advance.
  21. J

new here

whats up. i just started to look at this site the past couple of day when i decided to lift my 94 xlt explorer. ive had it for about a year and a half now and i really like it. i also have a 97 ranger that is more of my pride and joy. i almost got ride of my x to get a new ranger but i...
Back