Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

97 5.0 xlt build

I asked the same question. And the answer I got.... First do this!! explorerforum.com/forums/...=4406+awd+swap Good luck with your build
  2. L

My Mounty Build

Well been awhile again, but i have got a little more done. made a radiator protector/skid plate, water deflector for the air box, and storage rack for the back. will post some pics later. also got to take it out for it maiden voyage this weekend with some friends on a chairity trail ride that a...
  3. L

My Mounty Build

Been awhile, but I have managed to get the new bumper and winch mounted. Came out pretty good. Goin to add some pieces on the sides. Still not decided on the roof rack. Mock up Finished product
  4. L

My Mounty Build

Had the day off for a change, so I took advantage and gave the truck some MIG radiation theropy to cure its cancer. What I started with A little sheet metal. And after a couple of hours, bondo, and Dupla Color Bed Armor
  5. L

My Mounty Build

Took off the running boards yesterday, discovered some cancer in to rockers. Ill be using some of my body work skills in the next couple of days. Goin to make patch panels myself. Much cheaper than buyin them. Post some pics later. Also ordered a front bumper today. Its for a Jeep, but wont be...
  6. L

My Mounty Build

Decided to use the day at work to get some more done to the Mounty. Shhhh!!! dont tell my boss tho. HAHA Got all new brakes, rotors, and front shocks. No one in town had any for the rear, so I ordered some. They should be in tomorrow. Plan on getting them on after work. This is what the...
  7. L

My Mounty Build

Well I finally got some work done. I had already done the 4406 swap, thanks to everyone that put the research time in to doing this. All the photos and detail instructions were very helpful. Since then I built some shackels, got the TT done. Went today and got my new 31's put on. Winch came in...
  8. L

2000 Mounty?

Got the swap done, got to take the front shaft to get balanced. I had it shortened so it would fit, but now it has a roar and vibration. made some shackels for the rear, getting ready to order my winch and body lift. Ill start a new post showing the build soon.
  9. L

2000 Mounty?

Cleaned up the T/C today, its in good shape. Not sure what the singnal wire is for on the tail shaft?
  10. L

2000 Mounty?

Yea I am looking forward to the swap. Im hoping to have it done by the end of the month. Then on to the lift and tires
  11. L

2000 Mounty?

Picked up my T/C today, 97 F-150 with the barcket and linkage for $300. They wanted $500 for it but [I] talked em down. They didnt have the shifter. Drive shafts on order.
  12. L

2000 Mounty?

Thanks Turdel!! That was very helpful. I have already found most of the parts I am going to need.
  13. L

2000 Mounty?

14. L

2000 Mounty?

First off I'd like to say thanks to eveeryone for the good posts on here. Tons of great useful info and links. I have a '00 Mounty AWD that I have owned for about a year now. Love my truck. One of the best I have ever owned. I am new to the off roading life. I normally ride an ATV but have...
Back