Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Fuel Tank Pressure/Vacuum release at cap

Good to know :) Thanks again :thumbsup:
  2. 9

Many thanks, Tbars! Found a couple threads in that forum that were helpful. Am I crazy, or is that canister next to the battery on my truck? I didn't see anything under the spare, but I didn't pull the spare out either. I'm assuming its only under the spare on the ex?
  3. 9

Still playin with the ol girl... I've noticed the last couple stops at the gas station, when I open the cap you can hear the release of pressure or vacuum. I don't know which. Just wondering what that's all about. Do I need a new cap? And could it be related to the intermittent lack of power...
  4. 9

DING DING DING... any ideas?

I thought about doing that... I saw a thread somewhere where someone opened up that GEM and de-laminated the speaker too. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Apparently, I have a mild case of CDO. It's like OCD, but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  5. 9

Good news to report: Tried a new lock cylinder, and it solved nothing. I couldn't stand being stumped, so I decided to fix the radio wiring. In the process, I decided to look for any rogue wiring, and ended up with the knee panel, column cover, and instrument panel cover off. Didn't find...
  6. 9

3 things: 1- either I have completely ruled out the door handle switch, or I am mistaken on how it works. Pulled the inner door panel and unplugged the switch, and it made no difference. 2- There are no wires touching each other where the dome light used to be. However, I only have voltage when...
  7. 9

Will - will take a look hopefully this week and see if anything appears to be suspect. Depending on the price, I may just replace the switch anyway. Corkey - I've been jiggling that sucker since I bought the truck, thinking I just wasn't finding the "sweet spot" to make it shut off. If...
  8. 9

Bump I also noticed yesterday that with the door open and key on, the ding is about half as fast - once per second maybe. Door open key off its roughly twice per second.
  9. 9

I just picked up a 95 Ranger - 2.3 5sp 2wd. I've had it literally 3 days, and there are many issues. One I can't put my finger on yet is the door dinger. I'm somewhat familiar with the switch issue in the door handle, but I don't think that's what I'm looking at here because it stops with the...
  10. 9

Seeking advice from Ranger vets

Ended up passing on the 92. Did find a 95 2.3 5 speed short bed 2wd that I picked up. 207k on the clock, but I couldn't turn it down for the price. If it blows up tomorrow, I'll get 90% of my money back in scrap. Let the fun begin!
  11. 9

Holes from fender flares

No prob. I used the rattle can bed liner paint, but the holes were never really completely hidden. Rhino liner is probably thick enough to hide them completely. I dig the look myself. I always found it strange though... It seemed like my front passenger tire always stuck out just a little...
  12. 9

Oh, I'll likely pull the bed IF I end up buying the truck. I'm just going to look at it tomorrow. Was just wondering if it was worth crawling under it to look at the tank on the ground in January, or if all I was going to see was a cover plate or something. Thanks again.
  13. 9

That was quick! Thanks! Is there a cover or anything over that tank, or is it exposed? Am I going to be able to see much getting under it tomorrow?
  14. 9

I've sold my Explorer :( On the bright side, I now have the cash to fund a new to me Ranger. I'm going to look at one tomorrow. 92 Regular cab two wheel drive 2.3 5 speed. The current owner says the gas tank is leaking with more than 2 or 3 gallons in it. From what I've gathered, its a...
  15. 9

Holes from fender flares

Awww, crap. Sorry dude. I forgot all about it. I'll see what I've got on my computer... A lot been going on... dude at work talked me into selling him my truck, been on the hunt since then. EDIT: email sent, sorry for the delay.
  16. 9

Holes from fender flares

Dow makes a version of foam meant for indoor/outdoor use that is water resistant. That's what I used (did it in July 2010) and haven't had problems beyond what is average for an Ohio truck. The majority of my rust existed when I bought it. But I also put a pretty heavy coating of truck bed liner...
  17. 9

Holes from fender flares

There is a lot of debate about wheel spacers out there. Personally, after what I've done, I think spacers (or a new set of wheels with a different offset) is the way to go. That's what will happen with my next truck, guaranteed. PM me your email if you want a pic...it's been so long since I've...
  18. 9

EGR tube @ manifold - Is that an adapter?

For future reference sake, here is what I have discovered: On the new EGR tube, the male nut on the intake side is the same thread as the female nut on the exhaust manifold side. It is not pipe thread, and it is not any type of regular tube thread that I could find. My plan, unless someone has a...
  19. 9

EGR tube @ manifold - Is that an adapter?

Continuing work on my friend's 94. Discovered a broken (in 2 places) EGR tube when removing the UIM to replace valve cover gaskets. It was broken off flush with the nut at the manifold, so after soaking it in PB I put a socket over the nut and twisted it off. I then put a socket over the second...
  20. 9

Can't remove diff fill plug - Ideas?

Just an update for anyone who may have been curious - The rear end is together. Filling through the ABS sensor hole worked beautifully. Thank you all again for your time and ideas!
  21. 9

And this is why I love this forum. After reading this post, I had that "WOW, why didn't I think of that" moment. I just pulled the sensor, and this method is going to work beautifully. Thank you so very much Foxracin! You have just saved me a HUGE headache. Just before I checked the forum, I was...
  22. 9

You can see the "lip" from the end of the axle tube? If that's the case, I'm really not far from pulling the axle again. That's the reason I drained the diff to begin with. Maybe I'll pull it back out and have a look. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to do from this point, as long as I...
  23. 9

Facimeor - The problem here is that the diff is empty. The closest shop is about 2 miles from my house, but even that is farther than I am willing to take an empty diff. I've never had any luck with JB weld in any capacity, probably because of my lack of proper preparation. But proper prep here...
  24. 9

I like the idea, but I don't have a welder at home. I work in a steel fab shop, which is where I thought I'd have a piece welded into the cover to drill and tap. The more I think about it, I believe my best solution with what I have at my disposal is going to be filling through the vent...
  25. 9

Thank you for the replies, but rust holding the plug in isn't the current problem. Rust has deteriorated the square recess beyond use. I've cleaned it with a screwdriver, a brass brush, and a wire wheel on a dremel. I'm down to bare steel in the recess, and it's only about 1/16 - 1/8" deep. I...
Back